Question about Syney please

Apr 25th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Question about Syney please

We will be in Sydney for 5 days in early August and we'd like to know If there are some nice hiking that we can do. We are very fit and love to walk. I have been reading about Manly Walk but not sure if it is doable and nice in August and I don't know exactly how and where we should start.
Thank you
Apr 25th, 2004, 04:11 PM

We took another poster's recommendation and took the short hike to Wentworth Falls in The Blue Mountains, about 90 miles outside Sydney. That was just one of seemingly dozens of hiking options. You could hike all day out there and still not see it all. The only wild card is I don't know how cold the mountains get in August. Maybe a local on this thread could tell you?
Apr 25th, 2004, 04:46 PM

Hi adeleh.
the Manly to Spit walk is doable all year round - the view doesn't change and it never get's very cold in Sydney.
The Blue Mountains, which as the previous poster mentioned are a fantastic place for walks, are a little bit colder, but it's still around 10C most days.
Also depending on where you are staying the Royal National Park (South) or Kuring Gai National Park (North) may be closer and warmer than the Blue Mountains are fantastic places for coastal walks

Try the National Parks web-site for more info in walks in all these areas the link is
http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/...n?OpenDocument

Select the park you are interested in, then select
"Facilities and Things to Do"
then select
"Walking Tracks"

The Manly to Spit walk is in the Sydney Harbour National Park, the other parks are as listed

Enjoy your trip
Mike
Apr 25th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Mike for the Website address. It is fantastic.
I don't know what I would do without this forum.
Apr 25th, 2004, 06:12 PM

hi-

if you go to the ferry office (or the booth) you can ask for "syndey ferry walks" a book that lays out all the walks you can do dircetly from the ferry docks. i have done many of them on my trips to sydney and i would say for a first time visitor, you might enjoy several just as daily exercise, even if not as an all out tramp. the harbor scenery is stunning.
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:02 AM

Hi Adelah - all the walks round Sydney Harbour are wonderful. Being able to get either to or from (or both) by ferry is a bonus, and the brochure mentioned by Kerikeri is a good one to pick up. One walk that won't be included, and isn't on the NPWS site (love it) either cos it's not in a national park is the classic ocean walk - Bondi to Coogee. Busy wi
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:02 AM

Hi Adelah - all the walks round Sydney Harbour are wonderful. Being able to get either to or from (or both) by ferry is a bonus, and the brochure mentioned by Kerikeri is a good one to pick up. One walk that won't be included, and isn't on the NPWS site (love it) either cos it's not in a national park is the classic ocean walk - Bondi to Coogee. A walk, not a hike, mind, and often bb Busy wi
Apr 26th, 2004, 03:03 AM

Hi Adelah - all the walks round Sydney Harbour are wonderful. Being able to get either to or from (or both) by ferry is a bonus, and the brochure mentioned by Kerikeri is a good one to pick up. One walk that won't be included, and isn't on the NPWS site (love it) either cos it's not in a national park is the classic ocean walk - Bondi to Coogee. A walk, not a hike, mind, and often busy, but still very much worth doing.