Reload this Page >

Queenstown to Milford Sound

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Marlene Ebert

Has anyone used the B.B.Q. Bus small group tour company to travel to Milford Sound? I am wondering if I am better off booking with a small tour company and possibly getting more individual attention and more options during the trip or going with Fiordland Travel which sounds like larger groups, but has different cruise options. Would appreciate any comments/suggestions. Thanks

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Mike

That's a very long bus ride. I would take the bus out, as the scenery is spectacular, and fly back with a stop on a glacier on the return trip. We spent a week in Queenstown last July and we had ride the bus out and back. We had booked the bus out (departed around 6AM) and a plane back but the weather was so bad none of the planes or choppers would fly. I think we got back to Queenstown about 8PM and there is nothing to see in the dark. <BR><BR>We were in Christchurch, Queenstown, Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney, Cairns, Port Douglas, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 04:39 PM
tutu

Just returned from Queenstown - we took a tour with Fiordland Travel - regular bus but there were only about 12-15 people on board. We enjoyed our 12 hour (approx) day - had a driver/guide who was most informative/entertaining.

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Jo

Hi, we did the BBQ bus and enjoyed the day. The buses weren't too big either. It was a very very long day though. If you are on a budget though and can put it with that its fine, otherwise I'd recommend the fly back.

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 04:24 AM
John

Marlene:<BR>By all means, take the coach up and fly back. The flight takes about 40 minutes.<BR>You'll be glad you did.<BR>John