Reload this Page >

Quantas/Ansett Internet fares & booking outside of Au/NZ

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 08:39 PM
Al

A short time ago there was a message posted about how low Quantas and Ansett Internet 'Websaver' air fares and land packages were. <BR> <BR>That message was correct but when I tried to book over the Internet from Canada, I had to accept the terms of agreement which stated these prices were only available from within Australia and New Zealand. <BR> <BR>Am I going about it the wrong way or can I only obtain these fares within Australia and New Zealand? What if I book over the Internet when I arrive in Sydney? Can I book these low fares then? Quabtas and Ansett dodn't say that the fares are only available to residents of Australia or New Zealand. <BR> <BR>Someone please advise.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 09:48 PM
Shirley

I booked some flights on the internet from Canada for travel within Australia. The flights were confirmed and the charge showed up on my credit card. When I got the confirmation # it told me to use my card to obtain my tickets at the airport. It all sounds fine. We will find out when we get there at the end of this month. I have little concern.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 02:55 AM
colin lothian

Al, <BR> <BR>It was maybe my original post you saw ? However, I booked 2 internal flights from the UK without any problems. I also had no problem booking while I was there also so I don't think it really matters which way you go. Our time was limited so we booked the 2 flights outwith the country and ended up not using one of them, they were so cheap it didn't matter. We booked another flight from the internet booth at our hotel, 24 hrs in advance and got the same cheap e-deal. <BR>One word on the internal flights, we found qantas service to be pretty poor in comparison to ansett if that's any use, they both tend to fly identical routes and both have e-deal facilities.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Judi

Hi Al: <BR> <BR>You might want to consider purchasing your tickets through a consolidator or "Bucket Shop" with a ticket agaent here in Canada. Cheapest international airfares are not usually published on the internet because of regulations. I am going in August and purchased through Pacesetter Travel a ticket division of Goway. I contacted them through the Goway site and the nearest office responded. My fare was considerably cheaper than anything I saw on the internet, or was quoted by local agents. Hope this is of some help.

Old Jul 6th, 2001, 12:07 AM
Al

Thanks everyone for the advise. <BR> <BR>I successfully booked my Quantas Sydney/Maroochydore "Red E-Deal' flights over the Internet from Canada this evening. <BR> <BR>It's perfectly legit.