Port Douglas Weather Question

Nov 1st, 2002, 06:52 PM
Vincent Policelli

Port Douglas Weather Question

My wife and I are planning a trip to Australia this March. We may spend up to a week in the Port Douglas area. What kind of precipitation can we expect during late March on the coast? Has anyone experienced the region during that time of year? Thanks.

Nov 1st, 2002, 08:29 PM
Daphne

In a normal year (and this has been a most abnormal year with our serious drought!) the main wet season extends from January through to about the middle of March, but sometimes it can continue into April. However you can still expect to have some lovely sunny days between any wet ones. Also it should not be quite so humid as in January/February. It's a lovely time of year to visit the Port Douglas - Daintree area as everything should be looking lush and green, plus all the creeks and waterfalls will be running.

Hope this helps you with your holiday plans - I would be happy to help with any other information.

Nov 2nd, 2002, 05:13 PM
xxxdobba

Daintree Valley Haven? Thats a B&B in North Qld isnt it?

Nov 2nd, 2002, 07:09 PM
Daphne

Yes, although we are more what you could call a "rural retreat". We have three self-contained bungalows on our 30 acre property in the Daintree River valley - and we provide guests with daily tropical breakfast provisions.

(I know that "advertising" is not acceptable on this forum! But I would just like to help potential visitors to this lovely region with accurate local information!)

Nov 2nd, 2002, 08:56 PM
Aussie

We spent this March just gone at Port Douglas & drove back to Brisbane. We experianced the most beautiful weather (just a bit hot for hubby though )
It rained one night & one morning very very heavy rain which lasted around 20. minutes, it was a great sight.
Enjoy