Reload this Page >

PERTH : HILTON, HYATT or DUXTON ???

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2000, 03:19 AM
Ferny

What do you think of there hotels ? <BR>Which is the better for comfort and position ?

Old May 17th, 2000, 09:48 AM
Neil

Hyatt is best, run a close second by the Duxton. Both leave Hilton standing

Old May 18th, 2000, 03:36 PM
sally

The Hyatt is not located in the CBD. It is right at the far end of the city and it is a good 15 minute walk downtown.There is also nothing much to see around the Hyatt. I would go with the Duxton for better location. Rooms are very big too. (I live in Perth).

Old Jun 29th, 2000, 10:56 PM
Rizla

The Duxton is gorgeous, with heaps more character and friendlier staff than the Hyatt, and it's much closer to the city centre. <BR>Just out of interest, though - Qantas cockpit crew stay at the Hyatt, while their cabin crew stay at the Duxton (so maybe the crew at the pointy end know something?). <BR>I'd give the Hilton a big miss - last time I was there (for a conference), it looked very tatty. <BR>Have fun in WA ))

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 06:35 PM
john

The comments that the Hilton is a little "tatty" has me worried. I'll be there in Dec. for 2 nights should I change my arrangements even though my family and I will be in the hotel very little?

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 01:50 AM
Rob

Agree with most of the comments, Certainly it is quite a walk from the Hyatt to the shopping areas. I agree that the Duxton is the best located and where I would stay out of the three mentioned. The Sheraton may also be worth considering, which has excellent views over the Swan river from the right rooms. Have a great time time in Perth! <BR> <BR>regards, Rob