Search

Penguin Parade

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 03:27 PM
Sandy

Penguin Parade

Hi - I'm told its about a 3-4 hour bus ride..each way..to observe the "Penguin Parade". Is it worth it? Anyone have an idea of the cost? Thanks

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 07:31 PM
sandi

The Fairy Penguins are approx.1-1/2 hrs from Melbourne.<BR>Check out www.festivale.webcentral.com.au<BR><BR>I'll be in Melbourne around Christmas time and I am excited about seeing them.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:47 AM
JP

The official site (prices & lots of planning info) is http://www.penguins.org.au/

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 07:10 PM
Sandy

Hi and thanks very much for your information. I checked out both sites and added the Penguin Parade to our list of definites.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Lisa

Do not miss the penquin parade, especially if you love animals! They are so cute!

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 07:01 AM
JA

Is there a way to get to the Penguin Parade without having to do a full tour? Any sort of bus or transit offered to get there so we would be able to just do it on our own time?

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 06:42 PM
jill

We did the penguin parade July 2001. We got there about an hour + before the actual "parade" to get a good spot on the bleachers, but were somewhat disappointed. It was extremely cold and the penguins didn't bother to show up on time (imagine that - HA!) You could not take pictures (because of the flash?) despite the fact that they had HUGE floodlights to light the beach for the penguins. They came in to the beach in little groups, then made their way up the paths to their little burrows. THAT was the most fun and enjoyable. As we returned from the beach you could still see the little guys scuttering about trying to get "home" and could see them much better and hear their little noises they make. If I were to do it again, I would not wait at the beach for them to come in, but wait until they started up the paths. Don't remember the cost, but the location is quite pretty.