pacific villas

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:53 PM
betty

pacific villas

has anyone stayed at the pacific villas? i am interested in staying in one of there beachfront bungalows but for some reason they do not show pictures of them anywhere. it's always a picture of their 2 story garden bungalow, which is very, very nice. i'm just a believer in "if their not showing you something, there'e a reason for it". i would appreciate any feed back.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 07:55 PM
BARBARA

Dear Betty, Stayed at the Pacific Resort last year and thought it was just lovely. The grounds are spacious and well groomed.The hotel has a very Polynesian feel to it. We stayed in a beachfront villa which was very large and was right on Muri beach. The beachfront rooms looked very nice as well. The food at the restaurant was good,the staff friendly and helpful. This is my favorite hotel on the island,because of it's location right on Muri lagoon which is absolutely gorgeous.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 08:06 PM
Anita

Betty, may I ask where the Pacific Resort is? We're looking at places in Fiji after a stay in Cairns. Is it on one of the Fijan islands? The Muri Lagoon sounded like a bonus. Thanks. Anita

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 09:04 PM
me

cook islands, rarotonga

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 05:11 AM
LordBalfor

I think I found some large, crystal-clear photos of the Pacific Resort villas while surfing the web. Take a look at this collection of photos:

http://www.pbase.com/biscuit/rarotonga_2

Pay particular attention to picture DSC00008.JPG (view it in "Original" size if you have fast connection).

Now compare the photo to the exterior shot at the Pacfic Resort site:

http://www.pacificresort.com/2bedlagoon.htm

I'm pretty sure they are both the same place. If so, then Muri beach looks terrific. I'll see it for myself in a month an a half or so and will then post more photos on Webshots.com (along with my current collection of Bora Bora, Moorea , etc pictures). If you are interested, the new photos should be posted by the end of April at this URL:
http://community.webshots.com/user/lordbalfor

Hope this helps,

Ken

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 10:06 AM
Peggy

I think since they are relatively new (March 2001) they just haven't updated their website with pictures. We stayed in the Beachfront Villa before the beachfront rooms were built & returned last May & stayed in their self-contained apartment, Island Villa, down the beach from the resort, which we loved. Looked at the beachfront rooms, which were great but they are on the beach & so not as private since that is a fairly active stretch of beach. Just depends on your preferences. You'll love Rarotonga, but also try to get to Aitutaki, at least for a day.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:40 AM
betty

thank-you for your help ted. your amazing. love the reviews you have written & your pictures on webshots. i can't wait to read your review on the cook islands. have you ever been there before? will you also be visiting aitutaki?

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 10:43 AM
LordBalfor

I'm guessing the last post is directed at me (based on the content) - if not, I apologize in advance).

In answer - no we have not been to the Cook Islands before (only to nearby French Polynesia), and yes, we will be spending a full week on Aitutaki at the new Are Tamanu Resort. We will also be spending 1 week on the south coast of Raro in the "Main Islander on the Beach" rental house and 1 week in the "Island Villa" rental house in the Muri Beach area. I will of course, be posting trip reports and evaluations on Epinions.com, just as I did with our Hawaii, French Polynesia, and Puerto Vallarta trips.

By the way, for any who are interested, I've post a whole load of Cook Island links on the Yahoo Cook Islands Club main web page at:

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/thecookislandsclub

The club itself never really took off, but there is still some useful info there.

Ken