Search

Oxford Koala Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 1999, 06:56 AM
Elaine

Oxford Koala Hotel

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It is in Darlinghurst. Is that too far from the city centre? We would like to be able to walk around as much as we can. We got a rate of $85AUS/night which is too hard to pass up.

Old May 5th, 1999, 02:09 PM
Michael

Elaine, <BR>The hotel is in Oxford Street which is the main area for our gay community. I have never stayed there but it looks reasonably ok from the outside. It is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel to the main city shopping district, Darlinghurst itself has shops but they are aimed at the gay community. The area itself is safe, <BR>Rgds <BR>Michael

Old May 5th, 1999, 02:10 PM
Michael

Elaine, <BR>The hotel is in Oxford Street which is the main area for our gay community. I have never stayed there but it looks reasonably ok from the outside. It is about a 20 minute walk from the hotel to the main city shopping district, Darlinghurst itself has shops but they are aimed at the gay community. The area itself is safe, <BR>Rgds <BR>Michael

Old May 7th, 1999, 05:21 PM
Lynne

Elaine, this hotel might look OK from the outside, but inside, when I last did a site inspection (I'm in the tourism and hospitality industry), it was a disaster - dirty, unhygienic. Tell me what you budget is and what you are after, in particular, how far out of the city are you prepared to be. There are a number of good places a short bus trip out of the city - 15-20 minutes away. If I can have some idea of your itinerary or what you plan to see/do, then I can give you some ideas about accommodation.

Old May 11th, 1999, 01:16 PM
Elaine

Lynne, I want to stay somewhere within walking distance of the central district, the Rocks, Darling Harbour etc. I selected Oxford Koala only because of the rate. Looks like I need to find another hotel since cleanliness is the most important thing to me when selecting a hotel. Any other hotel suggestions under $100US/night?