One Way Car Hire in Greymouth

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We need to rent a car in Greymouth after taking the Tranzalpine train and will then be driving down to Te Anau and then across to Christchurch where we will fly out to Auckland. I had orginally posted a request on nzrentacar.com and got a good price, but my original query was for a tentative date that has since changed. My problem is that I have posted additional requests for the correct dates and even e-mailed them and have received no response. I am a little leary of working with a company that doesn't get back to me after numerous contacts and am wondering if anyone knows of another company that would have locations in both Greymouth and Christchurch. So far my internet searches have come up empty.
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 01:48 PM

Have you tried Hertz? They definitely have pickup locations in Greymouth and Christchurch.
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 04:51 PM

did a lot of research in car rentals and have decided to go with About New Zealand rental cars. They get back to me very quickly. They do rent out of Greymouth..we are also taking the tranzalpine express from Christchurch to Greymouth. Web site is www.rentalcar.co.nz
Old Jan 22nd, 2006, 07:19 AM
Jed

When we rented a car from National from Greymouth to Dunedin, I got a better rate than those quoted online by emailing and asking if there were any special rates for AAA or AARP.
Old Jan 23rd, 2006, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for these suggestions. I think we will go with New Zealand Rental Car. They were quick about getting back to me and were also way cheaper than Hertz. Haven't checked with National yet. I'm going to do that today.