Reload this Page >

north or south OZ for March

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 06:35 AM
Tony

Im planning a trip to Oz for first 3 weeks March 2001. Inevitable starting in Sydney, but I cant decide whether to head north to Queensland (Cairns/Port Douglas, or just to Brisbane) or whether the rainy season and humidity would preclude this area for an avid sun worshipper. <BR>Alternatively perhaps heading south to Victoria and SA might be a better option this time of year. <BR> <BR>Can anyone advise on the climate for these areas in March and what recommendations you might have. <BR> <BR>Look forward to hearing from you. <BR> <BR>

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Susan

We went to Australia in March 1996, mainly to visit my mother-in-law in Sydney, but we stopped off in Cairns for 6 days on our way back to Canada. I recall only 1 day rain - it wasn't even the whole day - just the afternoon (when we went white water rafting, so we were wet anyway!). I was glad we went north. The snorkeling was amazing and it was worth it.

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 03:57 PM
marg

Chances are that the wet season will still be going in March so Far North Queensland could be a bit damp but still a great place to go. Victoria and South Australia will almost certainly be hot and dry (and we do have some great surf beaches in Victoria). Depends a lot on what you want to do - sightsee or enjoy the sunshine.

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 03:18 AM
bill

March can still be damp up North, I would think South a better option, maybe Adelaide for stuff like Barossa Valley, Kangaroo Island, plenty of eco & outback tour options if you want to get down & get dirty! Here's a contact, <BR>http://www.aussieassist.com/ Enjoy!

Old Jan 23rd, 2001, 10:53 PM
barb

Take the middle road Tony, just 5 hours drive north of Brisbane is the idyllic spot of Boyne Island/Tannum Sands. Great beaches, great climate, reef & nationalpark daytrips - who could ask for more!! <BR>Cheers from downunder, <BR>Barb.