Search

Matagi/Matangi or Qamea?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Matagi/Matangi or Qamea?

Hello, first-time poster here.

This board seems to have a lot of very good information about various locations. I am doing some last-minute research for a possible Fijian honeymoon in November. I have narrowed down my Fijian destinations to either Matangi Island Resort or Qamea Beach Resort. (I am also considering the Cook Islands, but that is outside this topic.)

Can anyone give me any additional insight into these two locations, preferably more recent trips, as I understand Qamea was remodelled in 2002. Or if anyone has actually been to both places and can compare, please do tell! (Especially between Matangi's Treehouse Bures and Qamea's Beachfront Bures and the cuisine, as both places provide all-inclusive meals) Thanks!

P.S. My wife-to-be and I are non-divers and would likely be partaking of snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, other water sports. If people have information about the quality of these activities at these 2 locations, this would also be appreciated.