Reload this Page >

Lizard Island Resort---Australia

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Brad

We spent a few days at Hayman Island last year and had a really great time.<BR>I've since heard there's a very nice place called Lizard Island Resort farther north.<BR>Can anyone compare it to Hayman?<BR>Better or worse, pros/cons?<BR>Thanks for any input.

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 08:21 PM
M Wright

Although I have not visited Hayman, shile visiting Lizzard in August a number of guests compared the two with the hands down favorite being Lizard. There are only 40 rooms at Lizard and the service and ativities are wonderful, as are the accomodations and food. Check out the Jan 2002 issue of Conde Nast Traveler...Lizard received top marks in a number of categories. I travel extensively and Lizard is one of the nicest experinces I've ever had.

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Brad

Thanks for the report, M.<BR>I read the CN Traveler Lists carefully when they come out, and that's one of the sources that prompted my original question.<BR>We were sure we'd head back to Hayman soon, but I think we'll have to try Lizard Island instead this time.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 11:17 AM
M

Topping for lauren

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 10:29 AM
satoru

My wife and I were at Lizard Island Resort in November. It is SUPERB. I cannot emphasize enough how much my wife and I enjoyed our stay there. The snorkeling is unparalleled (right off the resort beach!) and the outer reef is very close for both diving and snorkeling. They really take care of you while you're at Lizard Island and the staff is very friendly and will make every effort to accommodate your every need. Be sure to take a dinghy to your very own private beach and order a picnic lunch. Also, don't forget to reserve your "dinner on the beach" while you're there. <BR><BR>You won't be disappointed if you stay at Lizard Island. In my mind, this is one of the most perfect places in the world - if I could afford to live at Lizard Island resort permanently, I would!!!

Old Jan 19th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Maggi

I have heard about Lizard Island Resort. Does anyone know how expensive it is (American)? It sounds sublime, and we need to know how far we can stretch our budget. Also, I wonder if you have to stay a whole week, or if they book individual days.