Reload this Page >

Limited time : Is the Milford Sound aaussie "Must to see"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 02:45 AM
Monica

For peolple that adore the sea and the beaches (with little time to disposition), is indeed a "Must to see" the Milford Sound ? <BR>Or is better to dedicate more days to vist the Nelson Area, the Coromandel Peninsula and the Bay of Island ?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 02:52 AM
Monica

I'm sorry for the errors of writing !!!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 03:45 PM
Cassandra

Monica, I wouldn't think it was a must see, far better thing to be exploring! especially if you catch the interislander ferry because the views from the boat are almost just as good! <BR>What I have heard about the bay of islands, if you have seen the whitsundays or anything similar then it isn't worth it... i'm not sure myself, i haven't been there.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 07:18 PM
kiwi

Hi! How long have you got in NZ? The Bay of Islands &amp; Milford Sounds are a long way away from each other and unless you are arriving in Auckland &amp; leaving from ChCh (or vise versa) you are not going to see both places unless you are here for a decent length of time.<BR><BR>Personally, I don't think you can beat the scenery of the Queenstown, Te Anau, Milford Sound areas in New Zealand. We have travelled all over the country and live in the North Island, and down south is a sight to behold and very unique.<BR><BR>The beaches &amp; scenery up north (Bay of Islands) &amp; Coromandel are fine, and you won't see the likes of it south of Nelson - but unless you are travelling in the busy Dec/Jan/Feb period, the weather isn't particularly tropical and the sea is cool. <BR><BR>Hope this helps.<BR><BR>Kiwi

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 09:44 PM
marg

We've had several holidays in New Zealand and I have to say I agree with Kiwi. The scenery around Milford Sound is spectacular and Queenstown is not only a lovely place but has lot of activities and things to do.