Search

Kimberly area of Australia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 1997, 06:32 AM
bonnie g

Kimberly area of Australia

Just spent a delightful three weeks traveling in the Kimberly area of Australia and would enjoy sharing my experiences to anyone who is planning or thinking about traveling there.

Old Aug 29th, 1997, 12:34 AM
sara

Hi, I am planning an extended trip of Aus, and would be
very interested to hear anything you have to say on
any area!!
WA is on our list of priorities, so any info would be
really valuable!
Thanks

Old Aug 31st, 1997, 10:31 PM
Glen

Hello

I'm from Perth in Western Australia and would be happy to answer any specific questions about our beautiful city and state.

Old Sep 1st, 1997, 10:40 AM
Marge

We're going in February and I'm planning now, I would love it if you would share your experience. Thanks.

Old Sep 1st, 1997, 04:51 PM
Glen

Hello

If you are planning to visit Western Australia in February I hope you are used to heat. February is easily our hottest month with temperatures soaring up to as much as 45 degrees celsius. We average around 35 degrees. We have fantastic metropolitan beaches where you can go to tan or cool off. We have very little rain during Summer. It's a great time of the year for doing things on the waterways surrounding the city. We have great shopping malls, but prices are expensive compared to American prices. There are literally hundreds of great restaurants all throughout the metro area, which cater for nearly every taste. To catch glorious views of the city visit Kings Park set atop a hill overlooking the city. Take a river cruise from Perth to historic Fremantle. Take a ferry to Rottnest Island, Perth's favourite holiday getaway just off the coast. You can visit for a day or stay a few. We have a great zoo and many wildlife parks. There are coastal towns 'Down South' as we say, that are well worth spending a few days looking at. If you're thinking of travelling to the Kimberley, the distances are huge from Perth. You would probably need to fly or catch a bus. There are 4 airlines that serve this area, Ansett, National Jet,Qantas Airlink, Skywest and several bus companies. If you have specific interests/questions just ask and I'll try to help.

Old Jul 8th, 2005, 05:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,
is you are planning on visiting the Northern part of Australia, try to avoid the "wet season" - Dec-Mar. Hot weather, jellyfish, storms. This area is prime Jun, Jul, Aug (although try and avoid school holidays!) If you would like touring information see www.kimberleysafari.com. Happy planning!