Kangaroo, Lizard and Witsunday Islands

May 11th, 2001, 06:17 AM
randy

Kangaroo, Lizard and Witsunday Islands

My fiance and I are planning a honeymoon to Austrailia in April and would greatly appreciate advice. We have interest in nature and wildlife, what do people think about Kanagroo Isalnd? On a different subject, which island do you recommend--the Witsunday or Lizard Islands?

May 12th, 2001, 03:35 AM
Kay

Randy,
Not sure if you mean Whitsunday Island or the 'Whitsunday Islands'. Whitsunday Island is uninhabited, but I think you can camp there. Whitehaven Beach, which is truly beautiful, is on Whitsunday Island. Resorts in the 'Whitsunday Islands' include Hayman, Long, South Molle and Daydream. Hayman is very upmarket, Daydream is aimed at families, Long Is has 3 different resorts. Hope this helps.
Kay

May 12th, 2001, 03:36 AM
Kay

Randy,
Not sure if you mean Whitsunday Island or the 'Whitsunday Islands'. Whitsunday Island is uninhabited, but I think you can camp there. Whitehaven Beach, which is truly beautiful, is on Whitsunday Island. Resorts in the 'Whitsunday Islands' include Hayman, Long, South Molle and Daydream. Hayman is very upmarket, Daydream is aimed at families, Long Is has 3 different resorts. Hope this helps.
Kay

May 13th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Hans

My wife and I spent two months on our honeymoon travelling around Australia and New Zealand and, without a doubt,one of the highlights was our day on Kangaroo Island. We really did not know what to expect but fell in love with the place-- the wildlife is fantastic! You can walk along the beach with the fur seals, see echidnas walking along the road, see koalas in the tree, and kangaroos and wallabies all over the place. In addition, the scenery is wonderful--the remarkable rocks are truly remarkable and we had a wonderful time climbing around them. The Admiral's Arch is specatuclar, the Kelly Hill caves very intersting and the desert is very odd indeed! Unfortunately, we only spent a day on the island--we flew back and forth from Adelaide--so I really can not tell you anything about the towns, restaurants and accomodation. Nevertheless, it is a wonderful spot and well worth the visit! Enjoy!

May 13th, 2001, 08:54 PM
lucy

I ws getting a haircut this morning and read a wonderful review of Lizard Island resort in Town & country magazine. they just redid the whole place and it looked incredible! Sorry i don't have the issue date...