COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Is air-conditioning necessary during March in Australia?

Old Dec 27th, 2001, 08:36 AM
Marina

We will be on the Gold Coast i.e. the Coolangatta area from March 10 - 15, 2002. Some hotels do not have airconditioning, they only have ceiling fans. During that time of the year is it O.K. to choose a resort that does not have airconditioning? Please advise.

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 03:22 PM
David

Marina, yes you need aircon

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 04:43 PM
LizF

Why would you need aircon with temps at 25deg average and a sea breeze? The above writer is from NZ so I guess would not be aware of what the temps would be at that time of year - either that or he is from the frozen south of NZ where anything above freezing is hot!

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 06:27 PM
David

Marina,
I am posting from New Zealand as we are currently living here on a work assignment. We moved to Auckland from Brisbane a year ago. LizF's point is well made(as are most!!) that it is sea level and you are likely to get a sea breeze. However, having lived in Brisbane it is likely that you may (but you may not I guess) experience humidity levels that you are not used to. This can translate to difficulty in sleeping at night.

My recommendation would be to go for aircon unless you are used to warm humid weather.

LizF....don't be cheeky!!!

Cheers
David

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 10:17 PM
LizF

Oh gee Dave I is sowwy! I will be good -pwomise!