Search

How Good (bad) is Jetstar?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Good (bad) is Jetstar?

For most of our flights around Australia we're using Virgin Blue...but one leg may end up Jetstar. Reading all the "fine print" on their website - including the statement about baggage may not end up on the same flight - Jetstar doesn't seem all that inviting even if they are part of Qantas..

Since our flight on Jetstar would be the last flight of the night from Cairns to Brisbane and we're off to Auckland the next morning on Air NZ, I'm just wondering out loud here...

And, we can't do a direct to NZ, due to the need to drop off the kids in Brisbane...so we either do Jetstar or cut out the Daintree and I'd hate to do that.

Would appreciate feedback from locals who're in the know.

Thanks!
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:57 PM

We checked in 1 hr before our full flight to Brisbane from Newcastle. We got great seats in the seat rush and our luggage arrived after a 5 min wait. The staff were efficient, pleasant & eager to please and we experienced a similar flight on our return journey. As long as you abide by their rules, I would imagine you'll have no problems. They are a budget airline so one usually would expect a no-frills flight. We were pleasantly surprised and would fly them anywhere. Never heard of a delayed flight with them. You should be OK. If you are worried, err on the side of caution!
Have a great trip!
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:21 PM

We flew Melbourne-Cairns return on Jetstar last month.As we were travelling with children we were in the first group to board the plane and got the pick of the seats.The seats are really jammed in and my poor husband who is 6'4" ended up in the middle seat of 3 people with very limited legroom and began to feel a little claustrophobic!I very kindly swapped my aisle seat with him.On the way home we solved this problem by choosing to sit in the very front aisle{exit row seats)which have plenty of leg room.Children cannot sit in these seats so we placed ours in the row behind us!
The flight itself was on time and pleasant.We packed snacks and bottled water for the trip but there seemed an O.K. selection of food one could purchase onboard.
I would certainly not hesitate to fly Jetstar again especially a fairly "short" trip such ac Cairns-Brisbane.Enjoy the Daintree!
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:45 PM

I fully agree with the others. Jetstar were really good.

We flew from Newcastle to Melbourne and return with no problems at all. The flights were problem free, on time and the staff were helpful and courteous.

We would not hesitate to fly with them again.
Jeez, I sound like an ad.

We are watching with interest to see if they start operating flights to New Zealand, especially from Newcastle.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks... Sounds like Southwest, which, as cheap as they are, have never let me down and I'll hope for the same from Jetstar..

Thanks.
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 07:05 AM

We are flying on Jetstar internationally from Sydney to Christchuch in January.
I heard that they assign seats on international flights.
My husband is 6'4" and really needs to sit in an aisle seat, if not the exit row!