Reload this Page >

Hotel in sydney & Drive time on NZ west coast

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 1999, 02:44 PM
Jehil

Hi, I'm planning my honeymoon in January in Sydney and the South Island of NZ. I want a hotel room in Sydney with great views of the Opera House and Sydney Harbour. Any recommendations between the Intercontinental, Renaissance and the Old Sydney Park Royal ? <BR> <BR>Also, I want to spend 3 days in the northern part of the South Island in NZ, Again, I want a romantic place with great views. any recommendations for B$Bs, lodges or hotels up there. I have been told that Takaka, Colingwood and Abel Tasman Natl Park are pretty. Any suggestions ? <BR> <BR>I plan to drive down the west coast to Queenstown from there ? How long should i budget to go at an unhurried pace ? <BR> <BR>Thanks <BR> <BR>Jehil

Old Nov 1st, 1999, 07:49 PM
Elaine

Jehil, I haven't been to Sydney yet, but I understand that to have a good view of the harbour from the Old Sydney Parkroyal, you need to be on either the 7th or 8th floor. Apparently the lower floors have obstructed views.

Old Nov 2nd, 1999, 01:57 AM
Jo

Allow 2 days for a relaxed drive, or one very long day for a faster one. It is a long way, and also stunning beautiful. I did it in 1 day, from Queenstown to near Collingwood. We left about 10am, and arrived about midnight. That including about an hour and a half total stopping time. Remember, these are not highways you will be driving. Expect one way bridges, waterfalls in the road, and roadworks to hold your way up. But don't worry - this allows you more time to enjoy the stunning scenery. <BR>

Old Nov 2nd, 1999, 09:06 AM
Dick

Last November we stayed at the Quay West Hotel in Sydney...that had faubulous views...of the opera house and harbour bridge..it was a bit of a splurge..but well worth it <BR> <BR>We booked before they had a website...but you can check them out at <BR>http://www.small-hotel.com/quay-west-sydney/index.html <BR> <BR>if interested thre is hotel discount card that gets you 20% off..contact me directly if you want more info

Old Nov 2nd, 1999, 09:06 AM
Dick

Last November we stayed at the Quay West Hotel in Sydney...that had faubulous views...of the opera house and harbour bridge..it was a bit of a splurge..but well worth it <BR> <BR>We booked before they had a website...but you can check them out at <BR>http://www.small-hotel.com/quay-west-sydney/index.html <BR> <BR>if interested thre is hotel discount card that gets you 20% off..contact me directly if you want more info

Old Nov 2nd, 1999, 09:07 AM
Dick