Honeymoon in Australia - Sydney

Old Apr 21st, 2014, 11:30 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Honeymoon in Australia - Sydney

Hi All,

We are planning for our honeymoon during Christmas / new year time mostly from 23rd Dec till Jan 3rd 2015 in Australia. Request your suggestions about which places we should cover there. We will be travelling from Bangalore , India. We are not looking for too much of travel but would like to cover 2-3 best places including Sydney. I am personally interested in Great Barrier reef, but not sure if that will be feasible.

Can you suggest a good hotel / resort to stay in Sydney and what all places we should cover in and around. Should we club Melbourne and any other city -- like 2 / 3 days in each city or keep our base in Sydney.

Any suggestions will be most welcome as I am looking forward to finalise my bookings based on your suggestions by this coming weekend.

Cheers
Arps
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 02:07 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arps, I am not sure you are aware of the size of Australia? As for where to stay in Sydney, how much are you prepared to pay per night? With that information we can suggest places for you.

BGR would be feasible but it is a long way from Sydney so you would need to fly. For approximately 11 days in all. I would suggest you stay the rest of the time in Sydney and surrounds especially as you do not wish to travel too much. You have chosen an expensive time to be here and it will be school holidays so book somewhere when you have decided. Good luck!
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 02:08 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I meant GBR sorry.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 03:09 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
HI Peteralan,

I am surely aware about the size of Australia and that is why we will stick around Sydney. My only question was what other places can we cover along with that including GBR (I definitely want to visit this place).

Our hotel budget per night is around 250 - 300 AUD. We are looking for good brands in hotels. Is it suggested to stay in the city or closer to the beach?
I know what you mean by the dates selection and its definitely going to be expensive but unfortunately our holidays are only during that time immediately after the wedding.
Old Apr 22nd, 2014, 10:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A lot of hotels will put their prices up at that time of year. I suggest you stay in the city for ease of getting around and, if you want to go to any beaches, you can take the ferry across the harbour to Manly and/or a bus/train to Bondi beach. Have a look at Menzies and Travelodge hotels (York Street), Mercure Sydney and Meriton Serviced Apartments in Pitt Street,Kent Street and Campbell Street. They should fit within your budget.I am not aware of GBR hotels but I suggest you post on the Port Douglas forum. You will need to fly there. Good luck!