Reload this Page >

Hi Everyone, I think I've done it!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Sonia

Hi all<BR><BR>After lots of fussing around, I think i've got a rough plan for my month long trip Next Christmas and New Year.<BR><BR>Flying out from London via Singapore on 2nd December, I will have:<BR><BR>3 night Melbourne(including Penguin Parade and Healesville Sanctuary)<BR>3 days/2 nights driving From Melbourne to Adelaide on GOR, stopping at Lorne and Port Fairy<BR>3 days in Adelaide(including Barossa Valley tour and Kangaroo Island)<BR>Fly to Brisbane and spend 3/4 days visiting Noosa, Fraser Island and Gold Coast<BR>Fly to Whitsundays and spend 2 nights somewhere?<BR>Then fly to Cairns for 5 nights in Port Douglas (Karunda Sky rail/train, Daintree and Cape Tribulation, Day snorkling on reef)<BR>Then 2 nights at Ayres Rock<BR>Then Fly to Sydney for 5/6 nights in time for New Year celebrations..<BR><BR>Phew.. what do you think?<BR>Flying to <BR><BR>

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Debbie

Lots of flying but lots to see. I wish I were going with you!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Patti

It sounds wonderful Sonia. Wish I were going again. Have a great time and please let us know your trip report when you return.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Alan

Hi, Sonia!<BR>It looks like you have planned well, and haven't missed a thing. I don't know whether anything I have to say will really be an improvement, but here are a few more ideas to toss around:<BR>1. Shorten each of Melbourne and Adelaide by a day, and instead take the overnight ferry from Melbourne to Hobart in Tasmania, and spend a couple of days looking around there.<BR>2. Do Ayer's Rock after Adelaide, but don't fly (you have such a lot of flying in your itinerary!). Take the train from Adelaide to Alice Springs. The train is called "The Ghan" and only leaves a couple of times a week, so you will need to co-ordinate your travel to connect, but it should make a pleasant change from the air travel, and you will see a lot more of the country.<BR>3. From Ayer's Rock/Alice Springs fly to Brisbane and continue your Noosa/Gold Coast itinerary as before; however, now you can return from Cairns directly to Sydney, which means a lot less flying and a bit more leisure towards the end of the journey.<BR>Have a wonderful time!

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Debbie

Alan--<BR>If you must continue to give such great advice, can you also figure out a way for me to teach over your way?! I want to come back!!<BR><BR>All your posts make my Australia withdrawl worse. Hehe <BR><BR><BR>Debbie<BR><BR><BR><BR>