Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Help - please help plan my Australian Itinerary!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2001, 11:41 PM
Sindy

Hello <BR> <BR>Can you help plan my itinerary? All options/advice/recommendations welcome! <BR> <BR>Date: Mid-March 2002 - April 2002 (incorporates Easter Hols!) Total time of visit: 3 Weeks approx. <BR> <BR>2 x 30 somethings and a 14 year old! <BR> <BR>Would like to incorporate Sydney, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast, Cairns or Fraser Island. <BR> <BR>Would like a mainstay of around 8-10 days in 1 location. <BR> <BR>Excellent quality accommodation - 4* + or particularly fabulous 3*!!!!!! <BR> <BR>Please help - I am planning this freelance and want to get it right! <BR> <BR>Thank you very much.

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 03:08 AM
Michael

Sindy, <BR> <BR>We are leaving on 6/18 for a six week New Zealand / Australia trip. Will tour Christchurch and Queenstown in NZ. In Australia we do Tasmania, Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane and the GBR. We plan to keep an electronic diary and would be glad to share it with you when we return. Additionally, I would be happy to send you an electronic copy of our itinerary (it's in a Word document) as a starting point. I'll be at this address until 6/13 at 4PM. After that time I can be reached at the following address: "[email protected] <BR>Cheers, <BR>Mike

Old Jun 13th, 2001, 08:18 AM
scurry

<BR>My brother and his kids LOVED King Fisher Bay on Fraser Island -- www.kingfisherbay.com. Don't know about the weather at that time of year though. <BR> <BR>You should also try to stay in Noosa on the sunshine coast, and near Surfer's Paradise on the gold coast. I also highly recommend O'Reilley's hotel/resort in the Binna Burra rainforest in the gold coast hinterland.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 07:53 PM
Sherry

Hi Sindy, <BR> <BR>I would say DO NOT miss the Easter Show in Sydney. My Ozzie friends love it and is great fun for young and old alike. The Tralonga Zoo in Syd is wonderful. The blue moutains are a nice day trip from Syd. Must do a Harbour cruise and would surely stop off at Manly Beach. Palm beach north of Syd is beautiful and fun. <BR> <BR>Have heaps of fun. You will love Oz. I'm moving there in July. <BR> <BR>Sorry, can't help with accomodation. I've only stayed with friends. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 10:38 PM
Rhonda

Hi Sindy, <BR> <BR>About a month ago I posted a number of internet sites you may find helpful. Search here under "planning a trip to Australia" and find my topic - Planning a trip to Australia? Some internet sites to help - and look up the Qld & NSW sites. It's a start for looking at possible accomodation and activity ideas. Around Easter most schools have 2 weeks holiday so bear that in mind when booking your accomodation and flights. <BR> <BR>Is your 14 year old a male or female? Either would love to walk over the top of the Sydney Harbour Bridge (www.bridgeclimb.com/) or go on a fast jet boat tour of Sydney Harbour (www.harbourjet.com/). I know I'd certainly like to do those things and I live here! Also, take the ferry/hydrofoil to Manly and hire rollerblades (for ALL of you) opposite the ocean beach and rollerblade south around to Shelley Beach. Now this we have done often with our kids and include lunch at one of the many restaurants around there. If it's warm enough have a swim - between the flags, of course. <BR> <BR>I'd add some more but I'm having trouble with my srcreen. If you have any questions about what to do in Sydney I'm happy to help. Rhonda