Help - I only have 3 days in Sydney

Jan 19th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Help - I only have 3 days in Sydney

What are the best things to do in just 3 days. Will also be in Aukland for only 3 daysso I need help there as well. We will be there in mid March 2006
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:23 PM

Shar, there's a lot of info in many previous threads here - to access it, use the search box above. You could also check www.australia.com. Not knowing your particular interests it's hard to be prescriptive - e.g., the arts? Outdoor activities? Wildlife? Dining? All of the above?

(Just a hint - it's best not to post the same query twice. Also, as you haven't mentioned Auckland in your message title, people with helpful info on that city may not bother to read it.)
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:27 PM

How about familiarising yourself one day with the city itself plus Hyde Park and the Botanical Gardens, another day in The Rocks, tour of the Opera House, Bridge climb and Darling Harbour on another day and one day on the harbour ( perhaps a ferry trip across to Manly?)?
Jan 19th, 2006, 04:31 PM

Personally I would also add on a day trip to the Blue Mountains. We will be in Sydney for three days also. Plan to do some kind of city tour/harbor tour, probably visit one of the zoos, walk around the Rocks area where we are staying and take a day trip to the Blue Moutains.

For Auckland we plan to do a city tour/harbor tour and then a tour called "bush and beach" that was recommended in Frommer's guide. The website for that is:
http://www.bushandbeach.co.nz/
Hope this helps.
Jan 22nd, 2006, 01:51 AM

Don't miss the Blue Mountains- take the train to Leura or Katoomba from city centre (2 hours) and then the bus tour from either place (you can jump on and off) Three Sisters, Echo Point Govett's Leap (if possible stop for coffee at the Hydro Majestic Hotel -their panorama lounge has a view to die for!)