Reload this Page >

Gold Coast : Whale Watching

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 04:28 PM
Reve

Can anyone suggest a Whale watch tour operator at the Gold Coast? We'll be staying at Surfers Paradise & so far, we've only managed to locate such operators in the Hervey Bay area. How far is Hervey Bay from Surfers Paradise & is the place accessible via public transport? Thanks.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 09:50 PM
scurry

<BR>I have never heard of whales off of the Gold Coast, sorry.

Old Jul 5th, 2001, 11:13 PM
Cassandra

Reve, <BR>Unfortunatley scurry is right, i don't think that you will find a whale watching tour from the Gold Coast. Hervey Bay is the place to go, I think that September is the main season there. Hervey Bay is about a five hour drive from the Gold Coast. In the way of public transport, there wouldn't be much but I know that you can catch the tilt train from Brisbane to Maryborough and then catch a connection bus to Hervey Bay from there. Check out their site at www.qroti.bit.net.au <BR> <BR>go under traveltrain and check out the tiltrain section for more information

Old Jul 7th, 2001, 05:32 AM
Lianne

Hi Reve! <BR>There is actually a whale-watching day trip that leaves from the Gold Coast. It's south of Surfers Paradise, but that's all I know. Do some more digging. I can tell you it does exist because the Hervey Bay operators tried to have it closed down. They thought it would interfere with their own traffic. <BR>Hervey Bay is near Bundaberg, which is about 5 hours drive from the Gold Coast. Trouble is, most whale watches leave early in the morning, so you'd have to get there the day before and stay the night. I think you can catch a bus from Surfers Paradise, that meets up with a train from Helensvale or Robina stations which takes you to the Brisbane train terminus, where you can catch a train to Bundaberg. Then you'd need to bus it to Hervey Bay.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 05:09 PM
Baby

Hi! I'm from Manila, Philippines. I hope I can help. I've been surfing the net for months trying to put together my itinerary for a family holiday to Brisbane in October. <BR>You might want to check out Tangalooma Wild Dolphin Resort which offers whale watching tours departing from the resort itself or from Brisbane (which is not too far from Gold Coast). Their website is www.tangalooma.com. <BR>Good luck!

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 08:46 PM
Reve

Thanks to all of you for trying to help. I appreciate it!

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 03:37 PM
marilyn smith

There is a Whale Watching group out of Brisbane called Moreton Bay Whale Watching, ph no is 07 3880 0477.Their email address is [email protected] <BR>We had an excellant day.You won't be disappointed. <BR> <BR>