Reload this Page >

Fiji for 10 days--where to stay

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10th, 2000, 08:23 PM
kristen

We are planning our honeymoon to Fiji next Oct ('01) We've decided to go ahead and splurge on our accommodations. We've looked at brochures on Vatulele, Namale, Turtle and Matagi. Does anyone recommend one above the others? Should we spit our time up between a couple of resorts or stick to one? We are in our late 20's and love to dive, scuba, swim, hike, etc etc but would also like a romantic and private place too. <BR>Any advice would be great....

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 07:13 PM
Louis

The best value and the best dive resort is Matangi Island. This is also very private. I would split between two places. You might consider taking a Blue Lagoon Cruise. All are top places. However, considering your age, I think you might like Matangi the best.

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 10:29 AM
Peggy

I respect Louis' opinion & Matagi is the most economical of the four. I have not been to Matagi but I have been to Turtle, Namale & Vatulele, all in the last 3 years. All absolultely fantastic but IF I had to pick only one to return to, it would be Vatulele. Great sailing & snorkeling. Fun for the young or young at heart or more private other times & exceedingly romantic, champagne susnsets on your own stretch of beach....or offshore island! Remember they are all heaven. If budget is a consideration, Matagi would be perfect, or split it between Matagi & Vatulele, 2 different areas of Fiji. Or perhaps Matagi & being closer to Namale, go there for a few nights in Nanise, one of their honeymoon bures, the most romantic accomodations I have been in Fiji. Lots of choices! Remember you can always plan another trip on anniversaries if you're lucky to see what you didn't on this trip. We prefer to go to the South Pacific in May or October. Good luck!

Old Dec 19th, 2000, 02:34 PM
Josh

Kristen, <BR>Please let me know what you find out! My fiancee and I are planning on nearly the exact same trip--we're going to be making our decisions when she visits me in Iceland for New Years, so if you get any good advice before then, please fill me in. Maybe I'll see you in Vatulele next October--Hope to hear from you soon! Josh

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 01:20 PM
Tracey

I just went to Fiji this past September for my honeymoon and it was the most beautiful place that I have ever been too and we are definatly going back on an anniversary. <BR> <BR>We stayed at Namale and Hideaway. I would recommend Namale. We had a honeymoon bure and there were only 4 other couples there when we went. The people are so nice and friendly and they treat you like a king and queen. They know you by name and they even sent us a postcard w/all the workers on it for Xmas. It is expensive but well worth the money. We really hated to leave and go to Hideaway which was not nearly as nice and a long drive from the airport. We went for 10 days and it was perfect. Let us know what you decide or if you would like more info. <BR> <BR>Happy planning

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 11:28 AM
Val

We went to Fiji and the best part of the trip was a 4 day Blue Lagoon Cruise.It goes to mostly deserted islands where they dock and put up volleyball nets on the beach,get out the snorkelling equipment,cook you a dinner on the beach,sing you songs,put on skits and tell you all about the Fijian culture. <BR>One day they took us to a small village to visit with the local people. <BR>They are small cruiseships but big on fun and service. <BR>HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS! <BR>What ever you do have a great honeymoon.