Feedback request/Sydney-Noosa Heads

May 30th, 2001, 11:39 AM
Al

Feedback request/Sydney-Noosa Heads

We've got a buddy pass on Air Canada but not a lot of money (What's new, eh? - sorry I'm Canadian and we do say 'eh' a lot)

We would like a taste of Australia and are thinking about Sydney for a couple of days and then taking one of the low cost (Virgin Blue) flights to Brisbane and spending 3 or 4 days in Noosa Heads.

Do you think this is worth the extra 9 1/2 hour flight from Hawaii where we plan to spend a week on the beach?

Any other suggestions welcome. Places to go, places to stay, eat etc.

May 30th, 2001, 12:03 PM
scurry

Personally, I'd skip Hawaii & go to Australia for the whole time -- you can always go to Hawaii! The beaches, crowds, prices and people are much better down under.

How long are you thinking of going? What time of the year?

May 30th, 2001, 01:42 PM
al

Interesting advise. We do like to spend time at the beach and we weren't sure how warm the water is in the Australian Winter.

We realize that it's more tropical as you head North but the farther North we go the more expensive getting there gets. Air Canada only goes to Sydney.

We are planning to leave July 21 for a total of 2+ weeks. We have some flexibility.

May 30th, 2001, 02:07 PM
scurry

Good question -- perhaps some Aussies can provide info on Winter water temp.

My advice is always, if you're going to make the time/$ investment in going to Australia, stay for as long you can.

My bet is that you could fly to the GBR and stay at a resort there for much less than what it would cost you in Hawaii.

Jun 20th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Dee

Water temp's in Australia vary depending on where you go. At the moment it's not too bad (I'm in Sydney) but I imagine that it would still be nice in North Qld....

Al, what did you decide to do ?

Jun 21st, 2001, 03:18 PM
Matt

For most people the water will be too cold for swimming in July, anywhere south of, say, central Qld. The air temperature will still be pleasant in Noosa, though.

Search this Thread