Don't take the Oztrek Tour to the Blue Mountains

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 07:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before going to Australia, I tried to find reviews about various Blue Mountain tour companies, but couldn't find many. I took a shot in the dark and chose the Oztrek tour (http://www.oztrek.com.au/)...and really regret my decision. So, I wanted to let others know not to choose this tour company.

The guide provided virtually no commentary about the Blue Mountains, before, during or after our arrival in the Blue Mountains. On the drive to and from the Blue Mountains, the guide took phone reservations for future tours, instead of providing commentary about the Blue Mountains or areas we were passing. Based on the company website, I was expecting walks “peppered with several stops along the way as you learn about the natural and
human history of the Blue Mountains in an entertaining and delightful way,” instead the guide took off down the path without telling us where we were or anything about the natural or human history. When asked to provide information about the first stop “Wentworth Falls,” the guide responded—“I saw you looking at the trail sign, you know where you are.” On the way back to Sydney, the guide decided to spend the few moments that he spoke to us talking about astronomy, rather than provide any relevant commentary about the Blue Mountains or areas we were passing.

I understand that the guides go to the same places everyday and meet new people everyday; regardless, I was surprised by the lack of enthusiasm of this guide and his rudeness in calling participants by their country of origin rather than their names. I was really looking forward to my visit to the Blue Mountains, and I regret choosing Oztrek tours for my one day in the Blue Mountains.

Furthermore, the company website states that there is a “100% Money Back Guarantee- We will gladly refund your money if you are not satisfied that you’ve had one of the best valued day tours you’ll find in Australia (excludes traffic and weather conditions).” I have written the company several times and they have not responded at all.
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have emailed a link to this Oztrek and hope they put things right.

As a guide I can tell you that every day is different and there is no excuse for this behaviour.

I took a call from the media while on tour the other day but checked with my guests if it was OK to talk. If they had said no then I would have declined the interview.