Reload this Page >

Christmas Shopping in Seoul

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 04:49 PM
Marge

I just read of a trip to Seoul titled "Christmas Shopping in Korea". It sounds exotic and the price is right but I know little of the city. How safe is it for a single female? Is it worth the jet lag from Toronto? Thanks for your suggestions.

Old Sep 18th, 1997, 06:54 AM
Nancy

Hey Marge,
I'm currently an English Teacher here in Seoul and am originally from Los Angeles, CA. Hanging out alone in Seoul is safe from what I've experienced and what other teachers have told me. I walk home at night and am not worried about my safety. Mind you, you should be careful of the "drunks" that seem to wander out after 11:00 PM and are more of an annoyance than a threat. If you're interested in visiting seoul, I would recommend The Lonely Planet's Guide Book-Seoul. They talk about the city, the people, etc.

if you have any more questions, email me.

Old Oct 5th, 1997, 07:56 AM
Martha

Marge,I used to live in Korea, and I've seen the ad for the trip you are considering. I think it is a good deal if you want to see an Asian country, but not if you are really keen on shopping! A lot of the goods for sale in Korea are fake,fake,fake. You would probably be dropped off in Itaewon, which is an area near the U.S. base that caters to foreigners. There is a counterfeit Coach store(leather goods) on every corner. I did get some real Vasque hiking boots for a good price, though.If you really want to shop, go to Hong Kong, but if it's just a Koean experience you want, go for it!

Old Nov 10th, 1997, 08:23 PM
Richard

Hi, my family wld be in korea on 21 Dec, cld u recommend us a few hotels ( between 50 - 70 US$ room ) to stay while we are there. (Preferably
not far to lotte world.

Old Nov 19th, 1997, 08:29 PM
hwansan,shin

Hi, Richard. I'm hwansan,shin.
I live nearby "Lotte World" in Seoul, Korea. and also know "Lotte World" very well. It has really fantastic amusement facility, beautiful traditional museum and modern shopping mall. I'd like to recommend u some hotel near by there. So, E-mail me! (how many people?, when? and so on)

Old Nov 19th, 1997, 09:58 PM
Hwansan,shin

Hi, Richard. I'm hwansan, shin. I live Jayang-dong nearby "Lotte World" in Seoul. also know it well.
It has really fantastic amusement facilities, ice rink, beautiful traditional museum and modern shopping mall. I would like to recommend you some hotel nearby lotte world. so, mail me.

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 05:30 AM
Deanna

Hello! I'm bringing this topic to the top just to see if anyone else has any new information. I'm currently living in Korea and want to travel to Seoul over Christmas. Can anyone recommend anything in particular to see? or anywhere reasonable to stay? I would like to do some Christmas shopping for my family and friends, is there anything specifically Korean that I could look for? Thanks for all of your help! <BR> <BR>Deanna