Search

Christchurch

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 08:22 PM
John

Christchurch

We are traveling to New Zealand in March '99 <BR>and will be arriving in Christchurch. Any suggestions regarding accomadations in this city that are near city center, clean and possibly with a pool. We are using Christchurch as a "jumpoff point". Sure appreciate any help as we are traveling with two small kids.

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 10:54 PM
Jim Wright

Christchurch is a modern, western city with all the hotels you might want - see my recent visit notes at http://kings.ak.school.nz/jimsite/hey.html

Old Jan 8th, 1999, 08:07 AM
Richard Krause

John, we visited Christchurch this past September. A very nice picturesque small city. The Kiwis are very friendly. We stayed at a B&B that was right on the Avon River about 10 min walk to the center of town. The name of the B&B was Riverview Lodge. It is a non-smoking B&B but does not have a pool. <BR> <BR>Have a GREAT time. Make sure you get to Fox and Franz Josef Glaciers and do take a helicopter ride to see the glaciers. A fantastic trip!!!! One of the top highlights in our travels throughout NZ. <BR> <BR>Dick <BR> <BR>Dick

Old Jan 10th, 1999, 07:23 PM
Jeff

Don't worry about not having a pool where you stay. I was 12 when we visited Christchurch and my brother and I had a *ball* at the huge indoor municipal pool. Take the little ones there.

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 12:20 PM
Hans Lapping

We were in Christchurch last year and loved every minute of our stay there and the rest of the South Island. We stayed right in the center at Noah's-- a big hotel a block from Cathedral Square and right across the street from the Tourist Information Center and the Avon River. The hotel was great and it has a free laundry! I';m not sure about a pool however. we called the hotel and they had a special bed and breakfast speacial which was cheaper than our travel agent found and included breakfast in their restaurants or even room service. I would highly recommend it!

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 12:21 PM
Hans Lapping

We were in Christchurch last year and loved every minute of our stay there and the rest of the South Island. We stayed right in the center at Noah's-- a big hotel a block from Cathedral Square and right across the street from the Tourist Information Center and the Avon River. The hotel was great and it has a free laundry! I';m not sure about a pool however. we called the hotel and they had a special bed and breakfast speacial which was cheaper than our travel agent found and included breakfast in their restaurants or even room service. I would highly recommend it!