Cheap Internal Flight Advice

Jun 1st, 2001, 04:58 AM
colin lothian

Cheap Internal Flight Advice

Just a quick note on my experience of trying to book internal flights in australia.

I am from Scotland and went to the British Airways store to book required flights and enquired on the Bommerang Pass.
Prices quoted were 105 per person for each flights, there's two of us so worked out at 210 for each leg. As we plan to do 3 flights, it worked out quite expensive.

Had a hunt around the quantas website(their red e-deals are superb)if you are prepared to be a little flexible (i.e travel from coolongatta rather than brisbane airport), equivalent flights costy me 43.50 for two people for one flight and 90 for two on another, saving a total of 286.50( worth a bit of digging around)

I know most people probably do this anyway but thought it was worth mentioning.

Jun 1st, 2001, 07:49 AM
John

Booked Qantas from LAX to SYD and return. Upon arrival in Syd, booked internal flights to Hobart and Melbourne. Saved a bundle by booking HBA and MEL in Australia rather than from the US.

Jun 14th, 2001, 09:30 PM
John

I would like to know more about your internal booking, my travel books say to get the better deal, book from the US, we need to go from Melbourne to Cairns, and possible trip Melbourne to Sydney. doing this in July,

Jun 14th, 2001, 09:32 PM
April

Sorry, above question was for John, or anyone else with information, Thanks

Jun 19th, 2001, 12:23 AM
lucy

Virgin Blue is flying inside Aus and having a super price war. sydney to Brisbane was advertised as AUs $55. Not sure if thats one way or return, but still a great deal!