Cell Phone on Bora Bora and Moorea

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2019, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be visiting Bora Bora and Moorea in a couple months.
I prefer to use my existing AT&T phone and get their "Passport" so that I can text and keep my number.
I have done this in other countries with no problems. Has anyone used their AT&T phone on either island recently?
When I called AT&T I was first told I could only use my phone on the island of Tahiti and then told I could use it throughout French Plynesia. I was concerened that the person I spoke to didnt really know so I called back and had basically the same conversation.
Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 08:40 AM

I used AT&T on both islands last year but I was using International Day Pass.
Old Sep 30th, 2019, 01:27 AM

I had no problems using my AT&T cell phone on Bora Bora & Moorea. I signed up for their "Passport" service - it worked just fine.
Old Sep 30th, 2019, 06:11 PM

We were in French Polynesia and on both islands last November. I usually use International Day Pass, but French Polynesia is not included (was not at that time, and the AT&T site says that is still the case). I did not purchase the Passport service and just used my phone on wi-fi at our resorts. That said, I did have to use cellular service to make/receive a couple of short calls and texts due to family issues at home (at regular roaming rates) from Moorea and Bora Bora and had no problems.
Old Oct 1st, 2019, 05:31 AM

Oops, sorry! I was also using Passport on French Polynesia. I used day pass elsewhere and got confused.