CAPE TRIBULATION-CAPE YORK

Old May 22nd, 2003, 03:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAPE TRIBULATION-CAPE YORK

Hi,
next august will go to in Cape tribulation by self car to Cairns for 3 night in total.
I would like what is about you the best solutions for accomodation.(ferntree lodge is nit ok?).
Maybe, after cape tribulation, we would like to see Cape York but I need some information about this because all travel's book told this trip it's so difficult. I rent 4 wd car (Nissan x trail).

Thank you so much for your help.

Roberto & Raffaella
Old May 22nd, 2003, 01:29 PM
Janese

I am not sure how much time you have to see Cape York. Can you clear that up first?

Old May 22nd, 2003, 11:27 PM

Don't drive to Cape York unless you really know what you are doing with a 4WD. The bitumen ends about 50 km south of Cooktown and from there on the road is very rough - and I mean very rough. There are no bridges across the rivers after you leave Cooktown so you would need to ford them and there are crocodiles in those rivers! If you have car troubles, it will not be easy to get assistance. The car rental company may not cover you with insurance. Travelling time will be very slow. You would be much better off going with a tour company.
The road between Daintree and Cape Tribulation is a good bitumen road and can be done from Port Douglas or Cairns as a day trip. You need to take the ferry across the Daintree River. Past Cape Tribulation, the coast road turns into a bush track.
Old May 23rd, 2003, 12:28 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for yours reponse, I have 20 days in total but this travel is very difficult for us
especially because my car is a little 4 WD and for crocodile.

We change my itinerary and after Cape tribulation we'll go to golf of savannah or in the centre of queensland for go after in mackay.

Thanks.

RR
Old May 24th, 2003, 09:17 PM

Check out www.travelmate.com.au for information on travelling in Australia.