Search

Cairns Outer reef Cruise options

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2019, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cairns Outer reef Cruise options

Hi All,

We are travelling to Cairns next month with 2 kids aged 5 & 7 so wanted to get some advise on which cruise option would be good. We have shortlisted between Reef Magic Cruises and Sun lover cruise. Any advice on which one is better. I do have a discount voucher for Sun lovers so can get the family ticket for $450. Reef Magic would cost us $600 .

Which one would be a better cruise for my family.

Thanks.
Old Dec 23rd, 2019, 12:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We did a day cruise to the reef with Quicksilver, which left from Port Douglas. Really enjoyed the day. Have you checked on Trip Advisor, there are reviews for both of the companies you mention:
https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Attra...ueensland.html

From our trip, the things you might want to look for are : shade on the boat and also on the pontoon (if there is one, Quicksilver had a semi-permanent pontoon where we ate lunch and snorkelled from but not all boats have them). I'm sure they'd all have toilets and and showers are good to rinse off the salt water. Check if lunch and cold drinks are provided. Your kids might get bored with the long day so if the company offers a few different options to keep them occupied that's a plus, e.g. fish feeding, swimming, semi-submersible to see the coral, etc. It can take a while to actually reach the reef, I think it took us over an hour, so a faster boat might be better.

If you really can't decide, I'd go with the cheaper one, $150 saving will pay for a few meals

Kay