Cairns for 2 hours?

Jul 27th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

Cairns for 2 hours?

My flight arrives 2 hours before friends? Any idea how best to kill the time. Lunch is my idea.... restaurant tips anyone?

I arrive 12:30
Jul 27th, 2006, 03:26 PM

Not sure if they're open for lunch, but check out the Red Ochre Grill <http://www.redochregrill.com.au/>.
Jul 27th, 2006, 11:18 PM

Good suggestion of Orlando's for Red Ochre, this restaurant serves Australian game and seafood including Tableland redcraw, a type of small freshwater crayfish. It's open for lunch Mon-Friday and is on corner of Sheridan and Shields Sts.

If its a lovely day, you could do worse than Donnini's Ciao Italia, its on the boardwalk overlooking the Marlin Marina in front of Shangri-La hotel. Excellent Italian cuisine with the best pizza in the north. Open every day from 11am until late.

Tuesday-Friday lunch, C'est Bon, Lake St, the only true French restaurant in the north, it does a "business lunch" of two courses for AU$20 - this restaurant won the award for Best European Restaurant in Queensland, 2005.
Jul 28th, 2006, 12:38 AM

sorry, that's redclaw, not redcraw.
Jul 29th, 2006, 01:54 AM

Or if intersted go the the Art Gallery in the city which has a nice small collection and a very nice Cafe / Restaurant attached which makes good coffee .