Bungalows on Bora Bora with Private Pools

May 18th, 2001, 04:33 PM
Brett

Bungalows on Bora Bora with Private Pools

Any reviews of the Bungalows with Private Pools at Hotel Bora Bora or the BB Pearl Beach Resort? In general, which hotel is nicer?

May 29th, 2001, 10:12 AM
Linda

The bungalows at Hotel BB with the private pools are the best at the hotel. You get the pretty bed of the overwater bungalow, in a bigger bungalow with a private pool on the good snorkeling side. Book early though, as these are booked up most of the time!

You will love Hotel BB. It is magnificent! Pearl beach is not even on the same scale!

May 29th, 2001, 06:00 PM
donna

I stayed two nights at Pearl Beach resort in an overwater bungalow and three nights at Hotel Bora Bora in a garden room. Pearl Beach was by far the most beautiful hotel experience I have had!!! I would highly suggest the overwater bungalow. The rooms were gorgeous and bright! Hotel Bora was a disappointment. Yes, it carries the prestige... but, the rooms were very dark and very old! I thought Pearl Beach was much more beautiful! The water at Pearl Beach was incredible as well!!!

Jun 12th, 2001, 07:34 AM
brieanna

We stayed at the Pearl Beach BB in a beach bungalow part of the stay and a garden bungalow the rest of the stay. The garden bunaglows have an enclosed garden area with lounge chairs on a deck with a plunge pool(also serves as a jacuzzi) and a separate covered sitting/eating area. Of the two bungalows, the garden one was definitely the most private. The vegetation is new so it's not very lush but it will be spectacular in the future. Only drawback? Mosquitos! Since you aren't on the beach, there is little air circulation so besides the heat, mosquito's are abundant. I think next time, I'd opt for the overwater bungalows just for the experience.

Jun 12th, 2001, 11:21 AM
LordBalfor (Ken Klein)

I've posted several lengthy reviews of French Polynesia (including 2 on Bora Bora) on Epinions.com. The URL to my "Comparison of Bora Bora Resorts" is:
http://www.epinions.com/trvl-review-...tk_~CB003.1.58

You might also want to take a look at my photos on Webshots.com. The URL is:
http://community.webshots.com/user/lordbalfor

Hopefully, this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to e-mail me.

Ken

Jun 12th, 2001, 03:30 PM
Holly

We just got back from the Pearl Beach BB and we stayed in the garden bungalow w/ pool - WE LOVED IT!!! The resort itself was terrific and we really liked how private the garden bungalows were. The overwater ones are of course beautiful but you're pretty much on display for whoever is swimming by. The fence around the pool area of the garden bungalows is high enough that you're completely isolated. Mosquitos was a factor after about 3:30 pm, so bring spray! (May be different at different times of yr. - we were there in May/June, who knows?)
Holly