Reload this Page >

Brisbane to Noosa Heads. How?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 11:40 AM
Al

What is the best way to get from the Brisbane airport to Noosa Heads for someone who is not too good at driving on the left? <BR> <BR>The train seems long and indirect and the bus appears to be a milk run.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 04:46 PM
Kay

Hi Al, <BR>You can fly into Maroochydore which I'm pretty sure is very close to Noosa. This would be the quickest way. Qantas and Ansett would fly there, and possibly Virgin. Websites are: <BR>www.qantas.com.au <BR>www.ansett.com.au <BR>www.virginblue.com.au <BR>I think the flight's about an hour. <BR>Kay

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 12:35 PM
scurry

<BR>The Maroochy airport is an option, but you wouldn't fly there from Brisbane. <BR> <BR>The drive from Brisbane to Noosa isn't hard. Send me an email & I'll send you directions.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 04:15 PM
scurry

<BR>Found 'em ... it may sound confusing, but it's pretty easy: <BR> <BR>The best route from Brisbane to Noosa takes about 1 3/4 hours. <BR> <BR>From the Brisbane Airport follow the signs directing you to the City until <BR>you arrive at the roundabout which is the intersection with Hiway #1. Go <BR>north on Hiway #1, following the signs to the Sunshine Coast. In about 1 <BR>hour, exit Hiway #1 near Buderim, onto the Sunshine Motorway (Hiway #70). On <BR>the Motorway follow the signs to Noosa. <BR> <BR>In about 20 minutes you will pass <BR>the exit to David Low Way and the Maroochydore Airport. <BR> <BR>Continue to follow signs to Noosa Heads through the next roundabout (Coolum <BR>exit) and at the next roundabout (Peregian exit) leave the Motorway (Hiway 70) at the exit marked to David Low Highway or Peregian (3/4 of the way <BR>around the roundabout). Do not take the Noosa Heads exit. Go about 1 minute <BR>to another roundabout and exit left on the David Low Highway (Hiway #6) <BR>through Peregian. Stay on the David Low Hiway for about 15 minutes until it <BR>dead ends in Noosa Junction. Turn up the hill to the right and in about 2 <BR>minutes you will come to a dead end at Hastings Street, the main street of <BR>Noosa Heads.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 05:50 PM
Dee

Hi Al, <BR> <BR>If you feel a bit aprehensive about the drive you can try http://www.noosanet.com.au/suncoastpacific/index.html <BR>I used this company to go from Brisbane to Noosa last year. <BR> <BR>Also as mentioned the drive isn't too hard at all, its mainly straight freeway all the way up ! <BR> <BR>BTW - Noosa is lovely

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 09:25 PM
Al

I've been away from my Australian resaerch for about a week. <BR> <BR>I really appreciate everyone's advise. <BR> <BR>Afetr examining the bus, air and train I think we'll probably drive. I can get a very good deal from Budget. <BR> <BR>Perhaps my ambidexterous wife can drive. I didn't do too well in Britain.