Bora Bora Hotels?

Old Apr 4th, 1999, 09:19 AM
Jerry

Bora Bora Hotels?

My wife and I are planning a trip to Bora Bora late this year and would like to stay in an Overwater Bungalow with a sun deck. We are considering Hotel Bora Bora, Moana Beach Parkroyal, Pearl Beach Resort, and Le Meridien. Any suggestions on which has the nicest accommodations/view for the price?

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 05:17 PM
Bruce

Jerry: I'm not sure but I believe the Hotel Bora Bora was going to remodel their units. If the job has been completed I'd highly recommend them. My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Bora Bora for four nights last November. We stayed in a deluxe beachfront bungalow. Same layout as the overwater but the porches faced the ocean with a hammock along the side of the unit. It was expensive but I'd have to say it's one of the nicest places I've ever stayed. The entire resort is top-notch. It has the best location on the island along with beautiful landscaping and a great restaurant. I didn't visit any of the other resorts so I can't give you any kind of comparison. It is quite expensive. But then they all were. And since we may never get back to that part of the world...

Old Apr 5th, 1999, 07:05 PM
Coral

I defiantly agree that the Hotel Bora Bora is in the best location on the island of Bora Bora and one of the most beautiful hotels I have been in. I have been traveling and visiting islands for the past 17 years and am still one of my favorite places. The Hotel Bora Bora is in the midst of refurbishment of the Overwater bungalows and the complete remodeling of kitchens. This hotel will reopen on May 12. If the Hotel Bora Bora is too expensive, the Pearl Beach Bora Bora and the Parkroyal Moana Beach Hotel have great value for your dollar and has decks on their overwater bungalows. Please feel free to contact me if I can help you further with your plans.

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 02:45 PM
Louis

Without a doubt the Bora Bora Hotel, if it has re-opened, has the prime location on Bora Bora and is superior to all of the others. The added cost is well worth it if you can afford it. When we have stayed there in the past we often ate dinner down the road to the right at an excellent chinese restaurant. I don't know if it is still operating. This did cut costs quite a bit.

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 07:49 PM
Nancy

Hi Jerry. We stayed at the Moana Beach last June and absolutely loved it. The Hotel Bora Bora is known as the nicest hotel on the Island, however, we visited and found it to be "stuffy". We were there for about 2 hours and saw no one. This is where all the "movie stars" are supposed to stay. We visited Le Meridien..we rented a motor boat to get there, it is on a private motu. It had just opened. It was very beautiful and the staff seemed somewhat friendly, but was only half completed and there were a lot of flies. I don't know if it was because they were still building, but because it is on a private motu there just may be a lot of flies in the area. The Pearl Beach was not opened yet. Of the 4 hotels, Hotel Bora Bora is the most expensive, but for your money you won't be disappointed at the ParkRoyal. The staff was very accommodating and very very nice. We stayed in an over the water bungalow with a double sun deck. It is the only way to go. The bungalow was beautiful. We had a huge picture window in the bedroom and watched the sun rise ever morning. And the bathroom had fresh vanilla plants. I recommend it highly. Check out their website, they have great pics of the bungalow. www.tahiti-resorts.com. If you have any questions, feel free to E-mail me.

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 07:40 AM
Kate

We just got back from a wonderful trip.
We visited Bora Bora, Manihi, and Moorea. Here is my impression on all of the hotels from our visit:

We stayed at the Parkroyal on Bora Bora. We loved it- it had great overwater bungalows and wonderful service.

Our agent told us that he thought the Pearl Beach had the best value for a high class hotel. But we had our hearts set on the Parkroyal and had wanted to stay there for a long time.

e booked our trip with Tahiti Travel Planners, and they were great and really spent time with us going over the differences of each hotel. Our agent had just gotten back from Bora Bora and really knew what he was talking about. That made us feel very comfortable about our choices .

I have heard some horror stories from people who hated their hotels on some of the islands. They felt very misled.

We shopped around for prices and felt like he gave us the best deal and definitely the best knowledge about the hotels and islands. They had a very good website: http://www.millenniumtours.com

Several people we met really liked the Pearl Beach Resort and the "premium" overwater bungalows were very nice. They were less expensive than the Parkroyal but appeared to be equally nice. So I think our travel agent was correct about the best value being the Pearl Beach

The Hotel Bora Bora was closed for renovations while we were there. I am sure it is excellent but quite expensive and I don't know if it would be worth the extra money.

The Le Maitai Polynesia was also nice (a bit small) and had very affordable overwater bungalows. When we go back we will probably stay there so we can save some money. It is not as luxurious as the Parkroyal or the Pearl Beach but it was nice and about half the price!

We heard several complaints about the Sofitel on Bora Bora and I read some really bad things about it yesterday on another chat board.

Well, I hope all of that information helps you.

Old Apr 18th, 1999, 06:24 PM
Rafdog

We stayed at the Moana Parkroyal and loved it. I am not sure what spending more money on accomadations would have accomplished. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was laid back for such a nice hotel. We were greeted warmly upon our arrival and found the staff to be very helpful. We also found the food to be very good at the hotel. However, you do not get the sunsets.

Old Jun 5th, 1999, 11:53 AM
kendell

Just back and we saw a couple of the main facilities (BB Hotel,& BB Lagoon Resort). I think motu gives you best view of the island without doubt. Pearl Beach had better view than Lagoon Resort. BB Hotel's rooms are much larger, but view is not as great as Pearl Beach. also, PB's grounds are nice. Feel free to ask any more questions, just back 3 days ago.

Old Jul 19th, 1999, 07:45 PM
andy

JUST got back!If you want to stay at the best,newest hotel, stay at the PEARL BEACH BABY!!!!!!!