Best beaches in Thailand

Jul 1st, 1997, 05:18 PM
Jane

Best beaches in Thailand

I'm looking for the best unspoiled beaches in Thailand. Has anyone been to places in Krabi/Ko Phi Phi that aren't too touristy yet? Feel free to e-mail me.

Jul 1st, 1997, 07:09 PM
Debra

We spend 4 days on Phi Phi island in November 1991. it was by far the most memorable place i have EVER been. if it has not yet become too commercial (i'm afraid it may have) then you must go there.

We went with no plans - just had a cab driver on pucket (sp?) drive us to a boat for the 3 hour ride to what i can only describe as giligans island lagoon.

we found a bungalow for about $30 per night that was absolutely charming and simple. the beach was spectacular and completely uncrowded.

At that time most people on the island were young (college age) travelers who stopped oin the island
for long term - cheap stays.

The seafood was great - just choose the fresh fish and tell them how you like it prepared.

also we "hired" a boat and driver for the day who took us out around the neighboring islands to explore and snorkle.

you must go!!

Aug 22nd, 1997, 08:01 AM
teresa

i will have to strongly suggest you try youre hardest to get to komac island in thialand it is the most beautiful place you will ever go in youre life.

Aug 22nd, 1997, 09:35 AM
Sue

Hi, where is Komac Island? I can't seem to find it on any web site. Thanks.

Aug 22nd, 1997, 12:44 PM
Anita Ritchie

Hi! I'm looking for a great bungalow on a great beach in Krabi, Ko Phi Phi or Ko Samui. Any resorts anyone can recommend? Great beach %3D lovely waters, snorkeling, not developed...Open to suggestions to other locations.

Aug 27th, 1997, 08:12 PM
Debra

to anita--

see my earlier message above about phi-phi. we arrived there with virtually no idea where in we were and simply wandered on the beach until we found a bungalo. from the main dock (facing the dock) we walked to the right (sorry for the odd directions, but i have no idea what dirrection it was), thriough the "town" and for about 10 minutes to our find.

If you want more specific info, e-mail me a& I'll see if i can dig anything up from all my brochures etc.

regards,

Debra