Search

Bali help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 1998, 08:56 AM
Steven Hamberg

Bali help

We are planning our honeymoon for Bali/Lombok for the end of May/June. I thought the smog problem was o.k. but heard rumor its coming back. anyone who knows if this is is true and if Bali was ok the last time please let me know.

would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Old Feb 25th, 1998, 10:38 AM
Les

I was in Bali in October (at the height of the fires to the north), and there was no smog/smoke problem then, so there's probably none now.
However, I found the beaches to be less than desireable (VERY different water levels between high and low tides), making our beach at Nusa Dua unuseable at low tide. This was attributed to El Nino (isn't everything?). Who knows?
Les

Old Feb 28th, 1998, 11:46 AM
jill t

try bali travel forum for up to date info.No smog in bali yet, nor has there ever been.

Old Apr 4th, 1998, 04:27 PM
Paul

I confirm you there won't be any hazy weather in Bali, coz the fire is so far away and the wind won't take the haze to Bali at all. It's happening only in Kalimantan area, Malaysia and some in North Sumatera.
Regards,
Paul

Old Apr 8th, 1998, 10:37 PM
Joseph K.

I just went to Bali for 4 days this week, no smoke, no haze at all. Joseph.