Reload this Page >

Asiana Airlines- What are they like?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 1998, 09:54 AM
Timmy Dee

Please share your experences about Asiana. Thanks in advance!

Old Jul 2nd, 1998, 07:43 AM
Thomas

I'd like to know too! I have just booked a flight to Seoul on Asiana. <BR>

Old Jul 2nd, 1998, 11:44 AM
Riki

<BR>Flew Asiana to Bangkok from NY in April. Having never flown that distance before, the times were a bit difficult for me -- leaving NY (on a Wed.) at midnight (after working all day), arriving Vancouver 2:30 a.m., arriving Seoul 6:30 a.m. and finally arriving Bangkok 3:40 p.m. (2 days from when I originally left). The flights were very good and 1/2 empty going. Unfortunately, I left Bangkok on a Sunday and the flights were packed the entire way back to New York and the plane was not a 747. Staff was very good. Take my advice -- don't travel weekends, and double check flight times. Each way the flight was 1 hr. later than first scheduled. I would fly them again as they were the least expensive for that distance. Happy traveling!

Old Jul 5th, 1998, 09:35 AM
Steven Hamberg

While my wife and I are not travel experts, we can report on the excellence of Singapore Airlines. We bought our tickets about four months in advance from a consolidator and paid about 1,100 for RT from Washington, D.C. to NY then SIngapore Airlines RT to Bali. <BR>The flights were long but having the individual screen in front of oneself to select movies, nintendo, etc. was a big help. We also had more than enough to read. The food was superb and their repuation for excellent service was well deserved.

Old Jul 8th, 1998, 06:54 PM
m.l. young

Service and attention given, really great. <BR>Fares are great. American Express has a deal <BR>buy one in business or first and the companion <BR>goes free. <BR>

Old Jul 13th, 1998, 08:04 PM
Susie

flew them 3 weeks ago from Seoul to Cheju. <BR>very attentive like most foriegn carriers, and like many of the asian airlines these days, a spanking new and clean fleet of a/c. <BR>I dont think that you are going to miss anything by not flying KAL or whomever you're going to be using. <BR>