Ambassador hotel in BANGKOK

Jul 19th, 1998, 11:02 PM
Olsen

Ambassador hotel in BANGKOK

Has anyone stay in this hotel?Has it a good location?.

Jul 27th, 1998, 04:21 PM
Tye Hartall

The Ambassador Hotel on Sukimvit Blvd burnrd down
3 years ago. The Landmark is across the street.
Relatively pricey. The Miami, also in the area,
is only 400 baht/night for an air-con room. It's slightly run down but quite adequate and right in the center of all the action.

Aug 7th, 1998, 10:07 AM
Penny Wise

Try Royal, nice facility, popular,friendly clientele/staff, reasonable price, gd location, if local agent books you might get a better price
Note In Thailand there is a price for Thais and double or triple for farangs (others)

Aug 7th, 1998, 02:13 PM
john pemberton

I'm planning a trip to thailand this winter - please recommend a good but reasonable hotel in bangkok and krabi / ko phi phi

Aug 19th, 1998, 08:00 AM
Paco

I've just come back from Thailand and first I stayed at Ambassador.Terrible experience,expensive for what they offer(1600 B without breakfast),insects in the old bathroom,bad staff.Sumkhumvit road is a bad election in BKK.Try Tower Inn in Silom road.

Aug 19th, 1998, 12:49 PM
Meg

We were in Bangkok in May and stayed at the Grand China Princess on the corner of Yaorwat Road and Tha Ratchawong (about 3 block from the river) in China Town. Our room was very nice with a mini-bar/fridge, blow dryer, fruit basket, robes, slippers, etc. for around US$60 per night. We were close to the Grand Palace and Wat Po and close enough to the river to walk down to catch a water taxi. Traffic in China Town is bad, so anytime we took a taxi, there was a delay but nothing unbearable. There's a great restaurant at Tha Ratchawong Pier called Wan Fah - appetizers, drinks and dinner for 2 for $20. Have a good trip.

Sep 14th, 1998, 09:20 PM
Lily

The Ambassador Hotel looked HUGE but impersonal; however, their food court is AWESOME and not to be missed. We stay at The Manhattan at Soi15 Sukhumvit, $60, or Comfort Inn at Soi 11 Sukhumvit ($30). I love Sukhumvit Rd shopping and food. Even Soi Cowboy, the "mini" Patpong area is fun!

Search this Thread