Search

Airport Hotel in Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 04:28 PM
Maureen

Airport Hotel in Sydney

We will be coming into Sydney enroute to Port Douglas the end of May from the east coast of the U.S. Since the trip over is sooooooo long, and neither of us sleeps well on a plane, we want to spend the first day sleeping and then fly on up to Cairns the next morning on an early flight. Does anyone have an airport hotel they could recommend. We only care that it has a comfortable bed, is relatively quiet, has a restaurant, and is reasonably priced. We do not plan to leave it until we go to the airport the next morning, because we are spending a week in Sydney on our way home. <BR> <BR>If you can help us we would really appreciate it. Oh, and we would prefer that it is clean, also. <BR> <BR>Maureen

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 09:14 AM
John

Maureen: <BR>We stayed at the Parkroyal Sydney Airport Hotel. Free shuttle to and from the airport every 30 minutes. 4 star hotel. AUD$196 for a double. <BR>Found them at http://www.asiatravel.com/australia/...ort//index.com <BR>Hope this helps. <BR>John

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 01:35 PM
Brian

Maureen, <BR> <BR>I needed a room at the Sydney airport for the same reason you do. I booked one at the airport Hilton for 100 AUD. I am going in two weeks, have never been to the hotel, but I understand it's very close to the airport and it's a Hilton for only about 50.00 American dollars. I booked the room over their Web site. www.hilton.com. Have a great trip.

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 06:52 PM
Maureen

Thank you both for the info. This is a big help. <BR> <BR>You have a great trip, too! <BR> <BR>Maureen <BR>

Old May 1st, 2001, 10:50 PM
cohen

Hi there, <BR> <BR>The Hilton is quite good. I have stayed there and although it doesn't have the most attractive outlook (view) its very confortable... <BR> <BR>BTW - the flight is quite short to Port Douglas. Only another couple of hours. You should just continue on and spend an extra day up there rather then waste a day sleeping ... just a thought !