AIR NEW ZEALAND

Old Feb 28th, 1998, 02:23 PM
ANDREA LITTLETON

AIR NEW ZEALAND

FLYING AIR NEW ZEALAND IN APRIL. NEVER FLOWN THIS CARRIER BEFORE. WHAT'S THE SCOOP?

Old Feb 28th, 1998, 03:44 PM
Christine

Air New Zealand is a great company to fly with and New Zealand is a great place to visit. Want to know more just write as I live here. Best of luck.

Old Feb 28th, 1998, 04:00 PM
peg

Go the the web site www.traveltrade.com.au and you will find a link with the Air NZ web site. Peg.

Old Feb 28th, 1998, 07:37 PM
christine

You can also go into www.airnz.co.nz and see what they have to offer.

Old Mar 1st, 1998, 08:03 AM
Philip Simpkins

Saw your note on Air New Zealand. If you don't mind, I have three questions. By the way, my wife and I will be in New Zealand for vacation starting April 23rd.

Questions:

1. On the domestic flight from Auckland to Queenstown - would you suggest sitting on the right or left side for the best view of mountains?

2. We will have to sit around the Auckland airport for 5 hours waiting for our flight to Queenstown. Do you know if Air New Zealand or the airport has any good areas to pass out after the 13 hour flight?

3. What do you think the weather will be like at that time in Queenstown?

Thanks alot for any help. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Thanks,

Philip

Old Mar 2nd, 1998, 12:52 AM
Christine

Philip
1. Probably the right hand side of plane. The pilot usually points out the interesting places or mountains any way. Right hand side you will get the best view of the mountains in the South Island.
2. 5 hours in Auckland is a long time to wait when there are three companies flying into Queenstown 2 under the one umbrella and another. Perhaps these do not go direct. Worth a check. I think only the ordinary lounge to sleep the hours away.
3. Autum colours should be beautiful on the trees if they are not over by then. You should have clear sunny days and cool nights.
Hope that is a little help.
Have a good trip and enjoy our beautiful country.
Christine

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 11:54 AM
Old Al

We spent a month (November) in NZ -- and can't praise the people or the scenery too much. Air NZ service to, around, and back was excellent. We walked the Milford Track on South Island through Fjordland National Park. Breathtaking, but a real test of physical and mental toughness. Stayed in B&Bs, small hotels, and on sheep ranches -- with wonderful hospitality everywhere. The people (at least those old enough to remember) recall how America came to their rescue in 1942. I guarantee that you will not lose weight in NZ -- wow, can they eat!