Accomodation in Beijing

Apr 5th, 1998, 12:37 PM
Tien pouw Posch

Accomodation in Beijing

My family and I are planning to go to Beijing and Xi-an this summer. We have a rather large family including very young children. We're looking for a place to stay that will accommodate all of us. I remember as a child growing up in Beijing that the city had many oversea Chinese apartment villages that could stay vacant for a long time. Does anybody know of such rental? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Tien

Apr 5th, 1998, 10:49 PM
JEN TU JR.

There are such oversea chinese apartment villages but far from downtown and public transportation is not very convenient to foreigners. Drive by yourself is even totally impossible. Foreigner apartments near dowtown are very expensive (about USD3,000 per month). Maybe hotels are still the best choice.

Apr 9th, 1998, 06:16 PM
Tien Pouw Posch

Thanks for your reply in regard to accomodation in Beijing. Do you have any recommendation as far as hotel is concerned?

Apr 14th, 1998, 11:06 PM
Jen Tu jr

I am still researching about prices with my freinds and relatives is Beijing. Do you have any buget limit or other requirement?

May 17th, 1998, 07:21 PM
Partina Liu

one week or ten days Apartment should be the choice.

!80 usd for 2-3 bed rooms apartment at downtown area. so you have kitchen and sitting room with you.
you can even hire a chinese chef for you family
or baby-sitting service.

Welcome to my town.

May 18th, 1998, 02:41 AM
Mark Zober

Greetings,

I would like 2 bedroom apartment in central Beijing from June 29 through July6 for about $200. This should include kitchen and housekeeper if possible.

Thank you,

Mark Zober

May 21st, 1998, 12:06 AM
Jen Tu Jr

Apartments like this for short-term stay are very ideal. However, if the apartment is built only for Chinese and you don't look like any nor speak Mandarin, you must be very careful. For longer stay, be sure that the owner has talked with the administration commitee of this building.