Search

911!! Reef/Daintree Advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 1999, 08:24 AM
Karen

911!! Reef/Daintree Advice

Hi. We're desperate to find the most adult, private romantic honeymoon places to stay within our budget (wish we could do Lizard or Hayman). How's Heron for honeymooners?? Anyone been to Brampton?? For rain forest, Silky Oaks or Daintree Eco Lodge?? Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Old Apr 18th, 1999, 01:49 PM
Louise

We were at Heron Island two years ago. It is very small and was very crowded. I personally do not think you would like it for a honeymoon.

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 11:28 AM
Hans

Spent two nights at Silky Oaks two years on our honeymoon and had a really nice time. The lodge is in the Daintree and is quite private-- the food is very good,the rooms are really nice,the people are very frindly and it was not too crowded. I can whole heartedly recommend it. Don't know anything about Heron but we did do Hayman and had a wonderful time! Try calling Ansett or the hotel directly, we did and got a better deal. It's worth the money! What ever you do stay away from Hamilton Island. It's hiuge, crowded and tacky! I've heard good things about Dunk Island but can;t relay any details. If you are going anywhere else in Australia/New Zealand let me know-- we went for 2 1/2 months and can recommend some other great honeymoon spots. Have a great trip!

Old May 4th, 1999, 10:17 AM
Lamar Patan

Definitely hit the Whitsundays off of Airlie Beach. Charter a boat and head off to the islands. I don't know that you'll get a private diveboat anywhere without paying a pretty penny. Good luck.

Old May 4th, 1999, 04:03 PM
Michael

Karen, <BR>Negotiate with Hayman, don't consider Heron for a honeymoon, the alternate I would suggest is to consider Fiji as they have a multitude of choices for private romantic honeymoons (checkout www.bulafiji.com), <BR>Rgds <BR>Michael