Search

6 days in Australia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6 days in Australia

Hi,

My husband and I are traveling to Australia (flying into Sydney) and will have six days to see the sights. We are mostly interested in the outdoors - the wildlife and nature sights to see. Any suggestions? Our budget is moderate - we don't need to stay in hostels, but we can't afford luxury either.

Thank you!!
Julie
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 02:13 PM

Six days is not long to see what Australia has to offer, but six days is better than none.The country is vast with great distances between attractions. I would concentrate on Sydney(inc. the Blue Mountains) and the Queensland coast e.g Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef. Or Sydney, Melbourne, the Great Ocean Road and Western Victoria. If you plan your schedule carefully you may be able to fit it all in, but you will be busy.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 02:33 PM

What time of year, Julie?
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 04:55 AM
Kym

It depends on whether you can fly to Qld or not. Taronga Zoo, Gosford Reptile Park, Sydney Aquarium spring to mind. Dubbo Western Plains Zoo for further afield (I think they have nice accommodation on site there). If you can afford to fly to Qld, you could visit Steve Irwins Australia Zoo north of Brisbane (not far, there and back easily in a day)You could stay overnight and day trip around maleny/Montville the next day before returning to Brisbane for a flight back to Sydney. Lone Pine Sanctuary in Brisbane, (night walks and river trips). Warmer temps in September/October would help. Aust. reptiles like most others are moving around in the warmth and hiding in the cool.