Search

1 Day in Auckland

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 09:41 AM
Sat

1 Day in Auckland

Hi there, <BR>We are going to Perth via Auckland in third week of Sept. We have a one and half day stopover in Auckland on our way to Perth and about 12 hours stay on our way back to usa. I am traveling with my wife and 2 years old daughter. <BR> <BR>I would like to get some advice on things we can see in Auckland during this time. Any advice on hotels will be very much appreciated. I would prefer to stay near Harbour on way to Perth while near airport on way back to usa. I would prefer hotels below NZ$200 per night. <BR> <BR>How does the weather look like in that time in AKL? <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance. <BR>Sat

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 02:34 PM
nzers

Hi there! Our kids always enjoy a visit to Kelly Tarltons Underwater World (complete with Antartica section with live penguins) which is close to the city centre & they love a trip across the harbour to Devonport - a quaint seaside "village" with a park & beach to run around on. <BR> <BR>We often stay at the Centra Hotel which is nice, but there are all the major hotel chains in Auckland - take your pick. A trip to the top of the Skytower is a neat way to see Auckland without leaving the CBD. <BR> <BR>Have fun! <BR> <BR>nzers <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 07:12 AM
Sat

Hi there, <BR>Thanks for your valuable advice. We appreciate it very much. <BR> <BR>-Sat

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 07:37 AM
John

Sat: <BR>When in Auckland we stay at the Rydges Hotel in the CBD. About 1 block from the Skytower. Cost NZ$100 for my wife and I. A four star hotel. You can find them at www.rydges.com. <BR>John

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 07:56 AM
Paul

Definitely second the opinions on Kelly Tarlton's and Sky Tower. Maybe you should buy a ticket on the Explorer Bus and have convenient transport to all main attractions (except Devonport of course). Also, we just stayed at the new Hilton and it was pretty empty. Check their website for deals. Have fun! <BR> <BR>Paul