Search

Xi'an hotel

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xi'an hotel

Can you give any recommendations on a nice, upscale hotel in Xi'an that is convenient. We plan probably two nights on our own to see the warriors and do some sightseeing. Also, transport from airport to hotel? Thank you.
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:10 AM

Many people think the Hyatt Regency is the best choice, and it certainly has the most central location of the upmarket hotels.<BR><BR>It runs a shuttle bus from the airport, as do some other hotels. There's an airport shuttle bus, too (Y25), and you can take that then jump in a cab to wherever you want to go. A cab from the airport to town will cost about Y80.<BR><BR>Peter N-H<BR>http://members.axion.net/~pnh/China.html
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:12 AM

The Sheraton, Ana and Hyatt are all worth looking at. If you want cheaper the Bell Tower is 3 star, managed by Holiday Inn. Here's a link I used.<BR><BR>http://www.hua-hin.travelreporter.com/photo2.html
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:53 AM

<BR>I think the ANA Grand Castle Hotel has the best location in Xian, as it has a view of the city wall, and is near to the only public access point to get up on the wall. It is an easy walk from the hotel to the Bell Tower and the main mosque. I have not stayed there, but have stayed at the New World, which is near another section of the wall and also a nice hotel. However, I would stay at the ANA if I were going back to Xian. ANA is a Japanese chain and they generally run very good hotels. Check out their website at anahotels.com. I don't think the location of the Sheraton or the Hyatt are any good for sightseeing in Xian; as neither have a view of the city wall -- one of the main sites of the city -- and neither are within walking distance of the other areas mentioned above. No hotel is close to the terra cotta warriors, as that is a bit out of town. <BR><BR>I would also be wary of recommendations from Peter and he is the author of a guidebook (surprise!) which he not so subtly (and oh so against the rules)advertises with the website address after his signature....
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:15 PM

I thought the Hyatt was well located. We didn't try to walk to the Bell/Drum tower area but given the length of the taxi ride, I suspect we could have. I haven't stayed at the ANA though. <BR><BR>The prices in the above link for tours and transportation are on par with what it would cost if booked through a hotel. A regular taxi should be about 1/2 that amount, so if price is an issue, check around.