Who is Ratt ??

Search

Who is Ratt ??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who is Ratt ??

I have been reading heaps about a guide in Bangkok named Ratt. Who is she and how do we book her ?
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 10:23 PM

You can e-mail her for rates & tours etc... at : [email protected]
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 11:27 PM

Oh, forget about her. She is passe! Old Hat! Late news, Yesterday's newspaper, etc. etc. etc.

We've booked with www.tbib.co.th. These girls are absolutely amazing & besides, they have the correct hair colour!

Our friends from Oahu were blown away by these chicks. Do yourself a favour and by-pass Ratt, she's unreliable. An did I say, out of date?
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 01:04 AM

Hi Lyndie - there are lots of positives about Ratt on this board, did you have a bad time with her?

I've taken a look at the website you listed and the service looks great, we'll add it to our list of resources for our wedding guests but we would prefer to use a thai service if possible.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 01:45 AM

Lyndie- First I think there are many many people who would dispute your statement that Ratt is unreliable. You may have had a bad experience but you seem to be the only one.

Personally I would never use a service that markets itself the way the one you suggest does. Basically says that what makes them great is that they look just like me -- not like a thai. If that's what I want I can stay home. I find their website completely offensive. But to each their own. I'll stick with the ratts of the world.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 02:08 AM

We were more than happy with Ratt. I can not imagine why could be your experience with her so bad!
She is a very, very nice person and try to do every thing for you.

I recommend her to all my friends.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 02:22 AM

IF you read the disclaimer on the two blonds web site it states the they introduce you to third party services and goods.

============
according too Thai labor laws "two blond"
foreigners could not be tour guides. There is a huge list of jobs that farang can not do.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 03:12 AM

Gloria - hadn't thought of it that way, you make a good point, nor had I realised that they were just acting as agents either.

I have listed Ratt and Julie as drivers/guides on our wedding website - any other recommendations for drivers, guides or tour operators in Bangkok?
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 03:43 AM

Even with the disclaimer they are marketing their services by appealing to the racist side of tourists. Not for me.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 06:41 AM

As Orgy has said, they could not be guides. Strange website!
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 10:26 AM

we just returned yesterday from thailand and ratt and her guides/drivers made our trip so much easier. we had many many transfers from the airport to our hotels..as we were in and out of bangkok 3 times.

it usually is less expensive to use her services for airport transfers and someone is there waiting for you to arrive with your name on a sign. its a welcoming site after travelling for hours into a foreign country.

we also used one of her guides who spoke good english for a one day tour to ayutthuya. again...money well spent. i like having the thai perspective when travelling.

we had ratts sister poon take us on a day tour in chiang mai (second time we used both ratt and poon).

they may be old hat but they sure are reliable and helpful.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 11:00 AM

Lyndie, is that you or a troll post? I can not believe you are could be so culturally insensitive after all of the travelling you have done. Maybe it is just that you are CHEAP, which has been well-established on this forum via your comments about tipping. I would guess that the "blondes" don't make their money on drivers anyway, so they don't have to worry about the low prices that they charge for drivers.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 11:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Am I the only one who didn't take Lyndie's comments about hair color seriously and thought they were meant tongue in cheek?
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM

I think Lyndie has been hanging out with the Kauai forum folks; if you spread the compliments too far, you'll never be able to book her!
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM

Laurie, I kind of wondered whether Lyndie's comments were tongue-in-cheek but there is nothing in her post that hints at that. Wish I could say otherwise...maybe Lyndie will post back with an explanation.
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 03:31 PM

I cannot believe some here would find www.tbib.co.th offensive. These girls offer a very good service and yes, my comment about blondes was intentionally tongue in cheek! Come on!

Some here are a little too quick to judge. Take a look at yourselves in the mirror & lighten up! Culturally insensitive??? I nearly spilt my coffee at that one.

And lcuy-I'm sorry you're not flavour of the month, this month. It'll wear off and everyone will be back to normal when the full moon is past.

And yes, Ratt let us down. Ive posted here several times regarding this. She put us behind a half day on a 3 day stay in Bangkok. She was unreliable and it does not bother me if others were happy with her. They were just lucky.

Have a nice day and I'll continue to post here and have fun! Don't read my posts if I offend you. You have that choice.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 04:40 AM

Lyndie- I think it was you that ran into a bit of bad luck with Ratt. If you look at all of the postrs who had a great time with Ratt you will see that if luck is involved anywhere it is you that ran into a bit of bad luck. Everyone else got great service which appears to be the norm. As others have said anyone can have a bad day now and then- not making excuses for ratt that day- but come on look at the data. You will see this was an aberation and not the norm. I realize that does not make your bad experience any better but you should see it for what it was, not a trend.
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 04:12 PM

Bill. To correctly analyse data you need information and input.

I wonder How many others who read posts here, have used her and have not bothered to post back? Do you have that data?

The outcome we experienced was a direct result of her disorganised attitude, her complacency & her irresponsibility.

It's OK to be happy with her & it's OK to be unhappy with her, in my book.

I'm not going to be silenced into submission by a bunch of people who think she's the ant's pants. For heaven's sake she was unreliable.

I can only base my opinion on my experience, not on anyone else's. Have a nice day.

Old Nov 7th, 2005, 05:58 PM

GRAIG
If lyndie is cheap I'm a right misor... I think we all discussed this on that tips forum but lynde is correct some countries don't practice tipping and consider it a frivolous show off act, thailand so happens to be one of these countries. trust me in the USA I always tip and tend too be a big tipper especially for drinks but over here in thailand I've been scolded so many times for over tipping or tipping at all that I think I've finally learned the etiquette of tipping in thailand.

lol. tipping do not always make you seem generous I've overheard or been told by waitresses that "look that man is so stupid he leave big money"

wow thats way off topic..

==========
Isn;'t two blonds a bit more expensive 5000 baht a day versus 4000 for ratt or am I getting the number wrong
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 06:08 PM

Orgy - Although it is not altogether clear from their web site it looks like it is 2000 baht per day but there may be an initial "organisational fee".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -