Which Ubud resort ?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:10 AM
Suz

Which Ubud resort ?

Hi
We're travelling to Bali in 2 weeks time and would appreciate any feedback on these three resorts in Ubud before we book:
- Waka Barong
- Komeneka
- Kamandalu (formerly a Banyan Resort?)
Our hotel budget : US$150 - $180 a nite

If you have any recommendations for nice mid-range to upmarket restaurants in Ubud, I would luv to hear about them as well.

Many thanks for your help. Cheers.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 08:51 AM
JC

I'm also researching Bali and trying to get feedback on Waka Barong resort. It looks nice on the internet but keen to hear from anyone who has stayed there.

The hotel booking sites offer a slightly better deal than the published hotel rates but I am not sure if these sites are reliable. If you have used them, pls comment. Thank you.

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 09:46 PM
tony

Guys,

If you receive any info or do actually go to any of the Waka resorts, please drop me a line and let me know. At present, I am planning to stay at the Waka Gangga in Tabanan in July 2002.

Thanks!

Old Apr 7th, 2002, 10:45 PM
nicole

My family and I stayed at the Bali Spirit
Hotel in Ubud. Wonderful small, intimate hotel with breakfast. They have a website that we made all of our arrangements through.

Old Apr 8th, 2002, 09:23 AM
Suz

Hi Tony

I finally decided on staying at Ibah Villas, Ubud (www.ibahbali.com) after going thru comments from 2 other forums just on Bali. You will find loads of info on these forums :
- www.travelforum.org/bali/index.html
(check reply to my question on Waka Barong or look at their Shame & Fame link)
- www.balitravelforum.com
I will be back from Bali last week of April, if you have any questions, pls post them on this site & I will reply.