Where to go in July?

Aug 11th, 2008, 04:48 PM
GKS
Original Poster

Where to go in July?

Hello! So in early to mid-July I'm able to take a 2 1/2 week vacation, and would love to go to Thailand, Malaysia, Bali...the list goes on. The beaches are going to be our main focus..but with the rainy season, is it just not a good time to take this trip? Or are there places where the weather will be better?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Aug 11th, 2008, 05:51 PM

Weather will be good in Bali in July. It is high season, so book well in advance.

Take a look at www.weatherbase.com for weather data.
Aug 11th, 2008, 06:44 PM

as kathie says that's high season in bali....spend some time on lombok too---qunci villas are fantastic..

it will be hot in thailand but ok for beaches except mid-day
Aug 12th, 2008, 05:42 AM

The EAST coast of Malaysia is in very good weather then, and the island around Mersing and further north are very beautiful, as are the mainland beaches. I think that these islands/water colour, etc are much more beautiful than the beaches of Bali, but Bali offers so much more than beaches in terms of religion, music, dance, art, lovely mountain inland areas, etc that you may not even make it to a beach for very long. Would be a hard choice if I had to choose one. If diving or snorkeling is a principal purpose, then I would pick the east coast islands of Malaysia. (Koh Samui in Thailand, north of Malaysia on the east coast would also qualify. Islands further north in Thailand will be rainier, and the west coast of Thailand e.g. Phuket is quite rainy in July and to be avoided). See weatherbase.com for info.

It would be possible with that much time to go to both east coast Malausia and Bali, so you may want to consider it. Bankok is great regarless of weather, so that may be an option to consider too.

Aug 12th, 2008, 08:29 AM
GKS
Original Poster

Thank you all so much! I have some books on Thailand and Malaysia coming to me, so I've got lots of studying to do. This helps immensely. Bali sounds amazing... I'm so happy the rain won't get in the way!
Aug 12th, 2008, 08:38 AM

Bali in July. The beaches can be very different. We liked Sanur a lot. We did not like Nusa Dua at all. Read some of the trip reports on here and try to get a sense of which beach matches you. Also, make sure you spend some time in Ubud. It's fantastic.